Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Rocker Gaskets on Supercharged VX Commodore

commodorevxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX V6 S auto
Hi guys,

I have searched and searched and can only find posts relating to changing the gaskets on a N/A VX. Now, I have done the passenger side, was relatively easy, however, the driver's side is a massive pain, all the bolts etc.. are undone I just can't get it clear. Does anyone have any advice here? looks like the only way I can get it out is to take off the alternator and / or transmission filler pipe thing, for which the bolt is nearly impossible to get too.

Would really love some help here so I don't have to pay someone to do it for me!

thanks guys, much appreciated in advance.

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
yeah alternator needs to come out or u can move it around do get room to take rocker bolts off

russellvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Super6 S
check out l67torque.com thats the supercharged engine forum, those guys are all pretty cool and helpful

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Disconnect the negative battery terminal after making sure you have you stereo PIN. Undo the brace that goes to the charger, undo the alternator bolt under the drivers side water pipe and remove that but just loosen the other bolt enough so you can swing the alternator up against the charger snout.