Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing T/B to cable??

ismasiv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual/ VL turbo manual
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has or if anyone knows if you can change the throttle in to a cable setup... I was reading that the T/B only opens to 55% from idle to WOT on a standing start and then as the speed of the car and the load of the engine change it then opens more and more untill its WOT and from what i can work out thats not untill 100kph... and help would be great.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
isn't the fly by wire part of the traction control system in the VZ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
dont worry about what u read about its not always true, aside from traction control the torque management could keep throttle down a little but not 55%, in my ve i have had the torque management turned off and there was very little difference only a little more responsive, your NOT limited to half throttle under 100kph...

DAZ88P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
To the OP, no.

I know there is torque management which I can't stand but don't want to pay for a tune. Most ppl have felt it when WOT from stand still. Sluggish as anything then somewhere after 2000rpm it decides to go, but no where near 100km/h.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has or if anyone knows if you can change the throttle in to a cable setup... I was reading that the T/B only opens to 55% from idle to WOT on a standing start and then as the speed of the car and the load of the engine change it then opens more and more untill its WOT and from what i can work out thats not untill 100kph... and help would be great.

on some cars they give you delayed throttle onset, i had a 2006 subaru liberty GT that did it badly (took 3 seconds to get %100 throttle probably to prevent smashing AWD gearbox)

However I've logged and compared this on my VZ with a LS1, its pretty much 1:1 with some fine adjustments in the 5-10% range probably for better idle/emissions, WOT always reads %99 throttle position instantly when i mash the pedal, Since you've not listed weather its a V6 or V8 i'm not sure if this is any use to you.

ismasiv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual/ VL turbo manual
sorry its a v6 but thats good info.. i hate the feel of take off.. i'm going to change diff gears to get it to feel better off the line..