Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing the colour of a 2011 VE SV6 from WHITE to ALTO GREY

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
just to add a couple of old man sensible comments to the above good ones.

That grey disappears into 'road grey' white stands out for visibility and reflects heat.

Wrap a custom red racing strip down it would do the job.

Completly agree with the comment re the road grey, my daughter has a Titanium Grey Mazda 3 and the number of near misses she has had due to the car becoming very hard to see is frightening, I have been with her and have had cars pull out in front of her and they have just not seen her, especially if it is a bit overcast or there are lots of shadows on the road from trees, she now drives ever where with the headlights on. I think Mazda should have called the colour Bitumen Grey as it becomes invisible at times. Stay with the White a lot safer colour.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Completly agree with the comment re the road grey, my daughter has a Titanium Grey Mazda 3 and the number of near misses she has had due to the car becoming very hard to see is frightening, I have been with her and have had cars pull out in front of her and they have just not seen her, especially if it is a bit overcast or there are lots of shadows on the road from trees, she now drives ever where with the headlights on. I think Mazda should have called the colour Bitumen Grey as it becomes invisible at times. Stay with the White a lot safer colour.

My VE is Alto Grey and I don't have a problem

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
To be fair, factory holden paint is ****, actually most OE paints are **** but VY-VF is particularly rubbish. It's cheap and nasty and you'll almost certainly have a better product on your car after a respray. Quality of job is another matter and totally dependent on the person spraying it.

That said, if I were going to respray a car that wasn't rooted, it wouldn't be with a factory colour. Don't really see the point.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I've always left all my cars with parkers set to on. The HSV isn't such an issue with the LED daytime running lights, but I still use the parkers to light up all four corners at all times, or headlights at night. Eliviates the lack of ability to see the car