Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing the fascia

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Hi guys, just bought a new fascia off ebay today, and was wondering how easy it is to change it? It doesn't come with instructions, and never done this before. Any instructions would be great, thanks :thumbsup:

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
You mean the one that goes round the radio A/C controls and the speedo/tacho

I know there is a lthread on here bout it will have a look for ya or if someone finds it first :thumbsup:

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Yeah, the one for the speedo / tacho. Had a quick look for another similar thread but couldn't find it. let me know if you do.... Cheers

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
start with the bit where the power window switches would be - it just lifts off - then where the cigarette lighter things are a few screws to undo around the speedo shroud theres a couple as well - mostly then pulls straight off

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
did you get both pieces? from memory, there is 2 screws near the cigarette lighter & a couple under the steering wheel

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Are u talking about the fascia 2 change the dial colours???

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Are u talking about the fascia 2 change the dial colours???

Yep, bought a blue fascia for the speedo / tacho, want to know what I'm doing before I start pulling everything apart!

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Ok, had a go at changing this on the weekend, and ran into a bit of trouble. I managed to get the dash off, and the plastic cover for the cluster off, but could not get the needles or face off the cluster. Does the whole cluster have to be removed in order to change the face? Also,when the needles are taken off the face, do they need to be calibrated when put back on? Any help would be great.......thanks :thumbsup:

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
It would be easier if you were to remove the cluster out of the car as you have to dismantle the cluster to change the face over. There should be two screws in
the top of the cluster, then unplug the connector at the back.

Im not sure how to dismantle the cluster to get to the face as I havent done it myself yet, but for the needles someone suggested to me that a fork or something
of the same sort, and pry the needles up from the base. Once you have them back on, use the 'hidden' mode (hold up + mode when you start the car) and keep
hitting mode till you cycle through to a screen that lights everything up, makes a continuous buzzing noise, and makes the needles move up. The tacho should go
up to 3k rpm,speedo to 100km/hr and both temp and fuel should be in the middle. This will be how you know the needles are back in the right place. You can even
use the digital speedo in this area and take the car for a spin round the block and check the speedo accuracy.