Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing the transmission fluid and strainer

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
Hi,

My car has 4-speed automatic transmission. On the highway it is about 82C, but after about 40 minutes the temperature raises up to 104C. Sometimes, it reaches 105C then I immediately stop in the highway and I continue driving after the temperature goes down to 100C. The coolant temp is 91C and it is normal.

This problem started since I had an accident and some of the transmission fluid went out. After repairing the car, I checked the transmission fluid and it should be low but it was fine. It seems the transmission dipstick is not accurate at all.

Anyway, I will change the transmission fluid with the strainer and I hope this solve the problem, but the question how many liters should I put?

I searched on GOOGLE and I found two pdf files for Pontiac G8.

5-speed automatic transmission

5F1OH7.jpg

6-speed automatic transmission
Sat5T0.jpg

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Search this forum, someone recently asked the same question. Sorry I dont remember the answer as I have a manual.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hussein you should consider donating to this forum or paying us for the amount of time we spend sorting all your crap out for your customers. Better still GTFO and RTFM.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
Hussein you should consider donating to this forum or paying us for the amount of time we spend sorting all your crap out for your customers. Better still GTFO and RTFM.

why are you so upset? there is nothing in the manual about the capacity. If you don't believe me, I will put a picture for the manual. It mentions only the transmission fluid (DEXRON VI).

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
why are you so upset? there is nothing in the manual about the capacity. If you don't believe me, I will put a picture for the manual. It mentions only the transmission fluid (DEXRON VI).

Why? Because for the past three fricken years you ask the most ridiculous questions answered by reading the manual, tell lies about the cars you have and the problems you are experiencing ranging from overheating to rubber dust to sand in engine to fuel economy to maximising power... All different cars, all urgent, no thanks...

You seem to be involved with middle eastern (Kuwait?) repair franchise for GM V8s. Fine, but don't tell us your one car has three different gearboxes, two different engines and you live in New York. I mean that's more than a bad 9/11 joke coupled with your username.

All smacks of distaste and disrespect the way you treat your cars and never say thanks for us helping you out through a what seems to be a false sense of comeraderie.

No time for you, God knows why mods believe your crap and let you waste our time.

Don't be such a miser: please donate, participate, appreciate or GTFO.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
I don't have time because I am still a student at college and I work at the same time, but I don't work for GM as you said. I think I told you before that I have more than one car. I usually buy holden cars from UAE and after about two or three months I sell the car. But I stopped buying and selling cars right now. I will prove to you that I don't tell you lies as you said. When I register in this forum, I put the country United States, New York., But after you and some other people were asking how I have a holden car and I live in New York. I changed the location from New York to Middle East and you still having difficulty to understand that I live in Middle East.

I'm not a liar, my car had an overheated engine problem. It was solved by replacing the radiator cap. See these pictures

rU0VaL.jpg

o88sZ5.jpg

I am really going to change the transmission fluid and strainer. I bought the transmission fluid and strainer yesterday. I can put a picture for the bills to prove I am not a liar. See these pictures.

s70Os1.jpg

GeFHug.jpg

mjWucL.jpg

This is the fluid and strainer.

WnlfL8.jpg

These are the cars that I have right now. I had an accident by the VE a while ago. The radiator got damaged and I replaced. I had another accident by the other car and I changed the color from RED to BLUE after the accident. See the plate of the car. It is the same car.

xYtpUM.jpg

R1U0k.jpg

5a7Yc.jpg

oAWPR.jpg

kZpzzu.jpg

This thread when I asked about the best blue color. I am not here to ask random questions without a purpose.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/changing-color-blue.232873

LlGhSy.jpg

stICHz.jpg

PZzyDi.jpg

DlVVqn.jpg

these picture after I changed the color.

9c4Jiw.jpg

I still have the tire problem and the old tires are completely worn out. It like I'm doing burnout. I can put pictures for them if you want. They are six tires.

When I put a thread, I always check if there is any new posts by my phone and it is hard to sign in and reply on everyone. I have to get home and use my computer to reply. Sometimes, I write at the end of the thread "thanks in advance" because I know I may not have time to say thanks.

Can you tell one ridiculous question I ask? I know asking how many liters should I put when changing the transmission fluid seems a ridiculous question, but I checked the manual. There is nothing about the capacity. I checked on the internet, there are some threads in this forum about changing transmission fluid, but no one of them mentions about the capacity. I am not asking you to waste your time helping me. I am sure there are people here like to help and don't care about I thank them or not. They just like to help others.

Could you define the word 'donation' for me? Maybe you have your own definition, but as far as I know the donation is optional.

My advise to you is to ignore any threads I put to save your time.

Last edited:

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
I don't have time because I am still a student at college and I work at the same time, but I don't work for GM as you said. I think I told you before that I have more than one car. I usually buy holden cars from UAE and after about two or three months I sell the car. But I stopped buying and selling cars right now.

I'm not a liar, my car had an overheated engine problem. It was solved by replacing the radiator cap. See these pictures

rU0VaL.jpg

o88sZ5.jpg

I am really going to change the transmission fluid and strainer. I bought the transmission fluid and strainer yesterday. I can put a picture for the bills to prove I am not a liar. See these pictures.

s70Os1.jpg

GeFHug.jpg

mjWucL.jpg

WnIfL8.jpg

These are the cars that I have right now. I had an accident by the VE a while ago. Only the radiator got damaged and I replaced it. I had another accident by the other car and I changed the color from RED to BLUE after the accident. See the plate of the car. It is the same car.

xYtpUM.jpg

R1U0k.jpg

5a7Yc.jpg

oAWPR.jpg

kZpzzu.jpg

This thread when I asked about the best blue color. I am not here to ask random questions without a purpose.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/changing-color-blue.232873

LlGhSy.jpg

stICHz.jpg

PZzyDi.jpg

DlVVqn.jpg

these picture after I changed the color.

9c4Jiw.jpg

1qNNd8.jpg

I still have the tire problem and the old tires are completely worn out. It like I'm doing burnout. I can put pictures for them if you want. They are six tires.

When I put a thread, I always check if there is any new posts by my phone and it is hard to sign in and reply on everyone. I have to get home and use my computer to reply. Sometimes, I write at the end of the thread "thanks in advance" because I know I may not have time to say thanks.

Can you tell one ridiculous question I ask? I know asking how many liters should I put when changing the transmission fluid seems a ridiculous question, but I checked the manual. There is nothing about the capacity. I checked on the internet, there are some threads in this forum about changing transmission fluid, but no one of them mentions about the capacity. I am not asking you to waste your time helping me. I am sure there are people here like to help and don't care about I thank them or not. They just like to help others.

Could you define the word 'donation' for me? Maybe you have your own definition, but as far as I know the donation is optional.

My advise to you is to ignore any threads I put to save your time.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yes donation is an option but it still well received , and as is the occasional thank you for helping .

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Another kooky chook chase - asking a willing and forgiving Australian car community about a car that never existed here, under bizarre, fabricated and fraudulent pretense, to assist a student (bullshit) with noob technical issues not relevant nor serve this community positively in any way, about a Chevy Lumina SS 4 speed auto gearbox?!

Yeah nah, after so much ridiculousness on a regular basis I will take the only bit of good advice or technical direction you have proffered and ignore you. I recommend to anyone thinking this annoyance (after three years of thankless stupidity) is a poor amateur student just doing it wrong, to use the ignore feature to be rid of your dumb ass too.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Another kooky chook chase - asking a willing and forgiving Australian car community about a car that never existed here, under bizarre, fabricated and fraudulent pretense, to assist a student (bullshit) with technical issues not relevant nor serve this community positively in any way, about a Chevy Lumina SS 4 speed auto gearbox?!

Yeah nah, after so much ridiculousness on a regular basis I will take the only bit of good advice or technical direction you have proffered and ignore you. I also recommend to anyone thinking this annoyance (after three years of thankless stupidity) is a poor amateur student just doing it wrong, to ignore your dumb ass.

:lmao: Exactly whar I was thinking .