Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing valve springs

monaroman76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey guys i am trying to change my cam and valve springs at the moment. I have changed all my valve springs by compressing air into the cylinders and had no problem, except for on number one cylinder where the inlet valve mustnt be seating properly and the air is passing through the inlet port. Is there another way to change the valve springs without removing the head?? How big of a problem is it that this valve isnt sealing properly and how much would it affect performance?
Cheers guys.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if its not sealing it will effect the performance a lot if i was going to the trouble of a cam and new springs ide pull the heads and lap the valves as well.you can feed some rope down the cylinder via the spark plug hole and then wind the piston up to hold the valve in if you still want to change the springs on that cylinder as is.even try snapping it shut a few times and see if it seal tap on the valve with a hammer so it snapps shut