Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing VE Auto Gear Stick To A Leather One???? How To?????

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Just wanted to change my VE SV6 auto gear to a leather one??? Does anyone know how to???

seasmi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I'm told that it just pulls straight up and you have to be careful not to hit yourself in the head or the roof when it does come off. I don't have the car with me at the moment and wish to do the same thing so I can't test the theory out and will just have to wait !!

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
The button should come off and behind it is a screw, use a flat head to lift the button then undo the screw(be careful not to drop it) then pull upwards. I never bothered to replace the stalk.

seasmi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
The button should come off and behind it is a screw, use a flat head to lift the button then undo the screw(be careful not to drop it) then pull upwards. I never bothered to replace the stalk.

Hi wizeabe, The geniune replacement knob I have seems to be tightly moulded to the stalk and appears no way to get behind the button at the front. Did you put the flat head under the top of the button or the bottom to prize it up? Looking up the stalk from below it gives the appearance that it does just pull off and on and is held in place by a couple of small spring type lugs on each side of the shaft about half way up.

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hold on, I'm quickly writing up a guide with pics.