Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing VN Gas to Petrol??

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
So I'm thinking about doing some work to my VN Calais now that I'm driving a VZ around. First thing I want to do to it is remove the LPG from it..
I've had it quoted for between $300 and $500.. Would like some idea's and thoughts on it.
cheers

B1OHZRD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
It all depends on the LPG system thats in. Some of 'em are crap, but if it is a good quality system, like the kind my mate has (he plugs in his laptop and it fixes in ratio probs, there's no loss of power ext.) than I'd keep it, petrol's too expensive, my vp's a guzzler, but it's ultimately your choice.

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
Thanks for ur view on it.. I wish I could just plug the laptop into it and have it fix the ratios up for me, but no. I've had a mechanic do the safety check on it for me, due to the mechanic that installed it had his licence suspended due to his dodgy installs, I nearly had to pay to frieght it to sydney for a real check over.

I might have a mechanic friend that can do it here for me for cheaper. Ultimately, I would like to see it out of the car.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
It should be easy, you can remove all the components under the bonnet.
Just cut off the supply at the tank, run the car on gas until it stalls, then start taking off the mixer, converter and fixing the water lines it taps into and your should be fine, then drive it to somewhere on petrol and get them to take the tank out :D