Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing vz tail lights

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
hey guys..thinking about buying a set off ss vz tail lights for my vz exec and eventually the headlights...

and im assuming they are a straight swap and also wondering how easy it is and can it be done by yourself..ive searched the forums but couldnt find a write-up on tail lights only the headlights

if there is a write-up the link would be appreciated:thumbsup:

cheers jim80

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
depending on what tail lights you want cos some will need a diff rear bumper to accomodate them.

have you ever had to change a rear globe in a commodore before'?

if you have not much has changed. If not then its a matter of undoing a few nuts from inside the boot and pulling the light off the car.

but disconect the actual light sockets first.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
All VZ's use the vy berlina style rear bumper, so changing from a exec to a calais should be easy as piss

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
my vz has a standard exec rear bumper on it..wondering if i put a set of ss tail lights in..will i have to buy the ss bumper too..which i eventually wanna do..but not straight away if possible?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
my vz has a standard exec rear bumper on it..wondering if i put a set of ss tail lights in..will i have to buy the ss bumper too..which i eventually wanna do..but not straight away if possible?

No, you will need the bumper if you wish to do it this way. The ss tailights will not go into the exec but the calais ones will, which look better imo. You will however have to have the reflective strip in the rear bumper to make this legal also.
Bottom line, if you're eventually going to get the ss rear bumper then just wait until then to get your lights.