Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Charged E3 Clubby

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Heron E3 Clubsport

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying her! Sometimes she can be a bit of a rough ride with the cam (mainly at low speeds), but I'm sure once I get used to the power and driving style it will be fine :thumbsup:

It pretty much has all the performance work done to it that I wanted to do so that was a big reason why I got it.

I do have a couple of ideas for her though...

Trying to work out what to do with the rims. Pretty keen on the black on white idea, even though it has been done so many times... not sure whether to go aftermarket or paint the pentagons.
I wouldn't mind maybe some 5 spoke black rims with a chrome dish/lip.

I'll probably de-badge the rear, only leaving the HSV Badge. Goodbye to 'R8' '317' and the 'Red Flag'.
Presuming there aren't any holes under the Red Flag??

I like the look of the 4" Quad Tips also, currently still running the Chrome Octagons.

Already made a couple of little cosmetic changes, my personalised plates, stubby aerial, 'bright white' rear number plate lights. I think these little things make a big difference.

Let me know what you think

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Heron E3 Clubsport

Nice pick up mate! Mean mods aswell bro!

4 doors ftw!

Which part of Brisibane you in?

Thanks mate, I live in Ipswich. I'm in brissy a fair bit though.

Might try and get to munchies tomorrow night, depends on how the weather is.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Check out Bonners E3 Clubby for some ideas.... he has a great black on white theme happening.

Maybe try coating the wheels with some plastidip.... it'll give you a better idea what it'll look like in person (its always better in person than pics or photoshop)

I'm not a big fan of the factory octagon tips... you can see the twin pipes behind them when you're following a E2/3 HSV... quad 4 inchers look sweeter than a sweet thing from sweetville :spot on:

Definitely de-badge the back.... the E2/3's have a lot going on back there and they look a lot better when they're less cluttered

one last thing.... more pics please! we all know what they look like but still.... pics or it didnt happen hahaha

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Heron E3 Clubsport

Yes I know Adam (Bonners), saw him and his Clubby at Munchies last night. Which confirmed i'll definitely be going for the quad 4" tips!

I think I'm keen on just painting the pentagons black, they are quite a nice wheel. Pain in the ass to clean though lol.

Filled up yesterday, fuel averaged 23.8L/100km for the week haha. Hopefully I'll get that down a bit when the novelty wears off ;)

The car is currently handling like a boat, also bouncing around the road a lot.
I don't know much about adjustable coil overs but I'm presuming if I get it lowered and tightened up then it will handle a lot better?
I'm booked into Pedders next Saturday so it's all good for C4C on Sunday :thumbsup:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Mate your new E3 looks awesome, as does all the E3 owners on here.

White is just a fanstastic colour IMO (I am a bit bias). I'd be waiting a long time for the novelty thing to wear off though.... :)

4" Walky exahust tips look awesome on the E2/E3...

All the best with it.

Cheers
Phil

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Heron E3 Clubsport

Cheers mate.

Still ironing out my insurance...
Just got off the phone to Shannon's they are asking for over $3,000 per year to insure her. What a joke!

Vr wagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr wagon
one sexy car you have there.

MS56

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Haha I pay $2800 for my S15 with Shannon's, under 25 rules r fkd hah