Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Charging problem

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
lein i get a massive spark or its quite a zap when i reconnect the neg battery terminal

if you are getting a spark then something is drawing power i think you need a auto lec

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
coast calais, so i have the multimeter switched to the right setting? and the two wires plugged into the right holes? i am heading to town on sat so i will get a replacement battery and see if that is the problem.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
coast calais, so i have the multimeter switched to the right setting? and the two wires plugged into the right holes? i am heading to town on sat so i will get a replacement battery and see if that is the problem.

mate ,go see an auyo lec ,probly cheaper than a new battery

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
this battery is only one month old, so itl get replaced under warranty ive already taken it back once n they said bring it back and theyll change it over if i have any more problems. my local auto elec is really pricey it cost a mate 280 just to get his rear vs tail lights earthed out properly. this is the last straw tho, if a new battery doesnt fix it i will, alternator charging at 14.40v so thats all good

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so I got the battery replaced under warranty the other day, they did all the tests on the old one and it came up ok, so I got the manager and told him my story and they replaced it, haven't had any flat battery problems since. Hopefully prob is solved!

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Ok so I got the battery replaced under warranty the other day, they did all the tests on the old one and it came up ok, so I got the manager and told him my story and they replaced it, haven't had any flat battery problems since. Hopefully prob is solved!

Seems it's what I said from the start, that red bulb on the hydrometer was give away..
Glad they replaced it for you, as they should have. Best of luck.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
So, last night my car alarm decided to go off at 12.30, I got up unlock n locked it again, went off again at 1. Fair to say I'd hate to be my neighbor. I removed the earth to disable alarm, is this a problem with the bcm?

Alexanderstar vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-pack Commodore
I have got the same type of battery on my 01 vx s-pack and i am wondering if i could have a battery charger set up to the batter when Im at parties playing the music through my car which has had an amp head unit and everything else that goes with is. so would i be able to have the music going with the battery being charged at the same time without doing and damage to the car/battery and sound system and what power should the charger be on.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
So, last night my car alarm decided to go off at 12.30, I got up unlock n locked it again, went off again at 1. Fair to say I'd hate to be my neighbor. I removed the earth to disable alarm, is this a problem with the bcm?

could b but also could b a faulty sensor. do u have the factory alarm or aftermarket? find out wat activates ur alarm where it b from just opening ur drivers door, any door or windows ect.... then go from there.