Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chasing 375kw on my ls2

Fudgedmihuggies

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ clubsport
So with the homework I've done since first going out making my enquiries most definitely will be staying na with a manual diff center, new exhaust and some minor head work and most definitely a new exhaust system, a half decent cam (still doing homework on cams themselves) and some quality time on a dyno.
With a lot of the information you have all given me when I head into the engine builder ill be putting these suggestions to them to get their professional input and fingers crossed between what you have all told me and what im now chasing we can make this happen.
I've said it many times before but cant thank you all enough for all of your help.
Once I've spoken to the engine builder (either che or sam's performance) I'll let you all know what we come up with.
Thank you and stay shiny side up yer ;)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Will be good to hear how you go.

To put a Supercharger into perspective, (I was lucky enough to buy it already done), the workshop that did it stated just to buy the unit with no other components was around the $13k mark for the 2.9L Whipple. Let alone the labour, ancillaries and all else that goes into it to make it work properly followed by tuning. It did have to have a few other components upgraded to allow it to work, so all up it wasn't a cheap exercise for the previous owner. And many years ago (so about 6 or so) I spoke with another place who quoted roughly about $20k for a full rebuild of a L98/76 with a forged set up and potentially stroked (memory fails me a bit there) to be able to then add the S/C on top later on. Basically build it to not have to change a thing if more power was wanted.

The stroker idea would be an ideal one. Strong bottom end and the torque is where you want it to be.
But I would say, either way you go about it, youll be happy. Once the 8 is opened up, able to breathe and has a bit more go they become very lively.
Having a standard L98 and also a supercharged LS2, I find the standard is comfortable to drive but could be a bit more responsive, while the S/C being great fun (and scary at the same time) is just a lot of work for it to be happy. The middle ground is about that sweet spot for a more daily kind of weekender.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Will be good to hear how you go.

To put a Supercharger into perspective, (I was lucky enough to buy it already done), the workshop that did it stated just to buy the unit with no other components was around the $13k mark for the 2.9L Whipple. Let alone the labour, ancillaries and all else that goes into it to make it work properly followed by tuning. It did have to have a few other components upgraded to allow it to work, so all up it wasn't a cheap exercise for the previous owner. And many years ago (so about 6 or so) I spoke with another place who quoted roughly about $20k for a full rebuild of a L98/76 with a forged set up and potentially stroked (memory fails me a bit there) to be able to then add the S/C on top later on. Basically build it to not have to change a thing if more power was wanted.

The stroker idea would be an ideal one. Strong bottom end and the torque is where you want it to be.
But I would say, either way you go about it, youll be happy. Once the 8 is opened up, able to breathe and has a bit more go they become very lively.
Having a standard L98 and also a supercharged LS2, I find the standard is comfortable to drive but could be a bit more responsive, while the S/C being great fun (and scary at the same time) is just a lot of work for it to be happy. The middle ground is about that sweet spot for a more daily kind of weekender.

Yeap ,= not cheap, my supercharger and brakes and back deck on the house were payed for with a redundancy, once( fortunately, not long ) until new full time job= so got to spend money on projects.