Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chasing perfection

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
Hi all my names Ryan thought i would make a thread for my build which will evolve over the next year or so. I recently bought a manual 93 vp for $350 for the sole reason of a ground up build, and because i wanted a challenge coming from a back ground of RB powered jap cars I know how easy it is to make the magic 1000hp from them. So i decided to set my self a challenge of 700hp from a v6 with every part of the build done by me from the machining to the fabrication and body work. But to add to the already impossible task I want the car to run a high 9 second pass on the 1/4 and also a 1.28 or better around winton, I know most will say im dreaming but I Dont give up if the block cracks then a billet alloy on centre block from TA performance in the states will be purchased and the power figure will be increased.

Any way here are a couple of pics of the changes in a week.

Attachments

• current pics 168.jpg
    current pics 168.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 397
  • h 028.jpg
    h 028.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 386
  • h 029.jpg
    h 029.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 396
  • h 032.jpg
    h 032.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hope you do what you want, but a drag car and a circuit car are two different things. A 9 second car won't turn corners.

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
It will not be a drag car at all I will change the sring rates and dampers when i hit the strip thats all. I dont want a drag car driving in a straight line is boring but I would like to run close to my old bosses R34 "NITTO" does the thing is mental but to do it in an old commo will be fun

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Great project mate. Will follow this one!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It will not be a drag car at all I will change the sring rates and dampers when i hit the strip thats all. I dont want a drag car driving in a straight line is boring but I would like to run close to my old bosses R34 "NITTO" does the thing is mental but to do it in an old commo will be fun
There is more to a drag car then suspension. A drag car won't turn corners, the same as a circuit car won't run a 9. They are worlds apart from each other.

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
There is more to a drag car then suspension. A drag car won't turn corners, the same as a circuit car won't run a 9. They are worlds apart from each other.

I can give you a few examples of Curcuit that run 10's and 9's make sure you know what your taking about before saying a certain categry of car WONT run a 9. and there really isnt much to a drag car chassis at all I have built multiple drag setups for customers from full tube chassis to just suspension position changes and custom arms drag cars a very boring to build.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
The thread title + purchased car are an oxymoron.