Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chasing perfection

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
No need to chase people off the forums.....

Keep at it bud, I'm watching with interest.

500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
what are you on about your point was a track car cant run a quick quater time, if you want to go by hp in 2005 the vs commodore ITT38L ran a 9.89 with only 503whp and a 50 shot of gas off the line HP means nothing. AMS GTR also has full interior it is a full factory car and weights 1800kg without a driver or fuel.

Yes a dedicated track car can run a good drag time. But a dedicated drag car cannot run a good lap time.

My advice would be to stop busting out power figures, weights, ET's, lap times, car brands, 8 year old drag cars, tuners, and continue to turn a brick of a commo into something semi decent.

Also, stop talking about how skilled you are. Because compared to someone out there, your "skills" would be nothing.

Last edited:

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Sometimes I really don't get the attitude of some people on this forum. The guy is building his own car, to his own spec, and set his own goals. He isn't hurting anyone or anything. He might achieve what he wants, then again maybe he wont, but its his build thread ffs, if you don't agree with what he is doing why post?

Good luck to ya buddy, have a crack, hats off to you doing it all yourself btw, will watch with interest.

DavoVP

Reaction score
Sometimes I really don't get the attitude of some people on this forum. The guy is building his own car, to his own spec, and set his own goals. He isn't hurting anyone or anything. He might achieve what he wants, then again maybe he wont, but its his build thread ffs, if you don't agree with what he is doing why post?

Good luck to ya buddy, have a crack, hats off to you doing it all yourself btw, will watch with interest.

Because everyone on the internet knows everything and only their opinion matters.

Good luck with the build op, I will be watching. For inspiration have a look at VRSenator065's build this guys gone above and beyond for what most would consider "just another commodore why waste your time" and ended up with something nearly everyone on here is drooling over.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Please show me these circuit cars that run 9's and also run respectable lap times.

Dude get onto speed hunters. There's some serious cars getting built once you look outside of Australia. If his aim is a 700HP V6 track car that will try for 9s on slick then all the best to him. No need to be so negative in his thread just because you dont agree its possible. You dont know his background and knowledge of cars or just how much work will go into this. I've seen AWD RB30 UC Torana's so anything is possible with enough work.

Good luck with the build mate, I hope you achieve your goal and will be keeping an eye on this

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Any updates?

500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1