Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chasing perfection

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
The thread title + purchased car are an oxymoron.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

A 700hp VP commodore that runs 9 second passes and laps tracks.

Where's my seat, I'm in to see where this is headed.

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Best of luck mate, would love to have the skillset like you, to be able to do it all yourself must be killer!

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
both sides are gone now so is the rad support, It will be tubed in the next couple of weeks and the towers reinforced for a custom double a arm suspension setup on the front

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I can give you a few examples of Curcuit that run 10's and 9's make sure you know what your taking about before saying a certain categry of car WONT run a 9. and there really isnt much to a drag car chassis at all I have built multiple drag setups for customers from full tube chassis to just suspension position changes and custom arms drag cars a very boring to build.
Please show me these circuit cars that run 9's and also run respectable lap times.

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
The most famous of all would have to the AMS R35 GTR with their alpha 12 kit which is an internally standard engine no cam upgrage nothing apart from their block bracing kit all just bolt ons this car made 1069 awhp was able to lap buttonwillow raceway in 1:42.01 which is less than a second off the sierra sierra enterprises record time at global time attack. this GTR at that time recorded a best 1/4 mile pass of 9.1 @ 213.4 mph that MPH is insane, they have since gone into the low 8's with their alpha 16 kit now on it.

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
got the lower alternator relocation bracket done and also the idler so i get enough rap of the belt on balancer. these are now the only pully's that will be on the engine combined with the TA performance 4340 lightened billet crank and npc custom ultra light billet flywheel should liven up its ability to rev. vp com 009.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The most famous of all would have to the AMS R35 GTR with their alpha 12 kit which is an internally standard engine no cam upgrage nothing apart from their block bracing kit all just bolt ons this car made 1069 awhp was able to lap buttonwillow raceway in 1:42.01 which is less than a second off the sierra sierra enterprises record time at global time attack. this GTR at that time recorded a best 1/4 mile pass of 9.1 @ 213.4 mph that MPH is insane, they have since gone into the low 8's with their alpha 16 kit now on it.
1000awhp to run a 9..................my point exactly.

RH Autosport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE/ 93 VP TT
1000awhp to run a 9..................my point exactly.

what are you on about your point was a track car cant run a quick quater time, if you want to go by hp in 2005 the vs commodore ITT38L ran a 9.89 with only 503whp and a 50 shot of gas off the line HP means nothing. AMS GTR also has full interior it is a full factory car and weights 1800kg without a driver or fuel.