Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap car rentals in QLD??

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Hi all im going to QLD in June for a week and need to hire a car(large size comm or falcon)Does anybody know the best place for us to use?Any help would be great.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Avis or Thrifty are probably the bigger chains. How long would you want it for?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Avis or Thrifty are probably the bigger chains. How long would you want it for?

he said a week,

go for one of the major brands, theyll likely try and stick you with a more medium size car if they can

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Ah I misread that as in a week.

I recently got a quote from Avis for 500 for a commodore wagon for a week covering 1800km's.

Then tried it the next day at work and got 750 dollars.
I'd say 500 would be okay, maybe even a bit high.

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
car hire

Hi all im going to QLD in June for a week and need to hire a car(large size comm or falcon)Does anybody know the best place for us to use?Any help would be great.

hey mate not sure about hire in qld but my old girl flew down from darwin to adelaide in october 2008 and had a ve omega 300kms on the clock hired it between 8 and 10 days unlimted kms . cost just under 400 trru avis booked when she paid for flights sometimes they have deals only thing is u need a credit card to book one maybe worth looking into if you arebooking tickets to fly

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Thanks guys,great help.Will do some calling around.

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
hey mate not sure about hire in qld but my old girl flew down from darwin to adelaide in october 2008 and had a ve omega 300kms on the clock hired it between 8 and 10 days unlimted kms . cost just under 400 trru avis booked when she paid for flights sometimes they have deals only thing is u need a credit card to book one maybe worth looking into if you arebooking tickets to fly

forgot to add the diffrence between the ve(large car) and a toyota corrola(small car) was 6 dollars a day if she didnt ask she would of ended up with a little **** box

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Agreed, thanks for that link, I'm going from Rocky to Byron at the end of this month, that dropped it down to 450 + Insurance.