Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap coilovers

Graceful

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 clubsport
Hello, sorry if this has been asked before I've searched but couldn't find out anything
I want to put coilovers on my clubby, this is purely for lowering it and better handling. Car will not see track use!
Scrolling through eBay and there are a few cheap systems, oz racing , xyz , d2.
I've read a few reviews about them snapping ect with track use.
Has anyone used or heard of use from a everyday driver?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I want to put coilovers on my clubby

you have a 45K car and want 'cheap' cooler overs :faceplam:

OZ, K sport and XYZ seemed to be alright for under $1,500 Pedder's don't go as low and have issues with leaking shocks. Personally I went with Tein's and think there the way to go ATM and a coilover only kit starts at just under $2,000 and they do two types and the first isn't damper adjustable tho!

Graceful

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 clubsport
Haha yeah I hear you, but if they do a good enough job with handling on road I'd rather spend my money on engine mods.
Cheers for your advice

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Just make sure they can be rebuilt... because if there cheap, then chances are...

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
If the suspension is "purely for lowering and better handling" does it have to be coil overs? For similar money to entry level Tein's you can get Kings and Koni yellow adjustable shocks which are adjustable and rebuildable. IMHO if you are going coilovers you should be going the Tein monoflex as these have a quality damper unlike the lower end of the range. However, its horses for courses and everyone likes something different.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Haha yeah I hear you, but if they do a good enough job with handling on road I'd rather spend my money on engine mods.
Cheers for your advice

Then seeing so all VEs are factory with coilovers just go buy some king spring and kyb shocks. All up it'll cost you under a $1,000

Get adjustable coilover's when your serious and expect to spend around $1,800-$2,500 with sway bars and bushes

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Get adjustable coilover's when your serious and expect to spend around $1,800-$2,500 with sway bars and bushes

Sorry you mean?
Get adjustable coilover when your willing to buy a base model (or better) of a decent brand (basic coilover kits (DMS, Proflex ect) start at around $4000 and go up from there).
Not $1800-$2500 with swaybars and bushes lol.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Sorry you mean?
Get adjustable coilover when your willing to buy a base model (or better) of a decent brand (basic coilover kits (DMS, Proflex ect) start at around $4000 and go up from there).
Not $1800-$2500 with swaybars and bushes lol.

Got links? To suit VEs???

Top range Pedder or tein's coilover plus sway kit are in the $1,800-$2,500 plus bushes.

The OP seems to only wants a low car so I don't see the point in him buying a fully adjustable gear.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Got links? To suit VEs???

Top range Pedder or tein's coilover plus sway kit are in the $1,800-$2,500 plus bushes.

The OP seems to only wants a low car so I don't see the point in him buying a fully adjustable gear.

MOTORSPORT INTRO

Proflex Shockabsorbers - mainindex

I don't see the point of the OP cheaping out and getting an average coilover kit if "he's serious".
If all they want is to lower the car, a **** coilover kit will be money wasted, Foggsy made a good point about some king springs and Koni yellow adjustable shocks.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have DMS 40mm Street series. Monotube. $3400 on special. Regualr price is $4k. And they are the entry level of decent coilovers. Talk to GSL rallysport, but anything less than $2000 in a coilover, you may as well get a good spring / shock combo.