Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap compressor for rare use

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
probably get laughed out of the place but i realistically only want a compressor for use as an air blower and maybe pumping some stuff up.

i bought one with a mini tank from Bunnings, it's really small but does what i want.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
probably get laughed out of the place but i realistically only want a compressor for use as an air blower and maybe pumping some stuff up.

i bought one with a mini tank from Bunnings, it's really small but does what i want.

[/URL]

Your air blower must be low flow lol. My 30l at home struggles to keep up with my air blower at work. I brought it in once when the big comp died. I told the guys at work it can only do tyres and air blowers then this guy at work picks up a die grinder the next day and asks if it will work o_O

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your air blower must be low flow lol. My 30l at home struggles to keep up with my air blower at work. I brought it in once when the big comp died. I told the guys at work it can only do tyres and air blowers then this guy at work picks up a die grinder the next day and asks if it will work o_O

I was dubious it would cope, but so far so good. I can store it on the shelf and carry it around easily if needed.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
the only real problem with it is it's noisy AF, predominately because it's still a 1.5HP motor that's on an identical compressor with a much larger tank.

I mean it's Ozito, you set your expectations low and hope for the best, lol. Think small, cheap DIY/Hobbyist and you are golden imo. Anything beyond that and yeah, look elsewhere.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
the only real problem with it is it's noisy AF, predominately because it's still a 1.5HP motor that's on an identical compressor with a much larger tank.

I mean it's Ozito, you set your expectations low and hope for the best, lol. Think small, cheap DIY/Hobbyist and you are golden imo. Anything beyond that and yeah, look elsewhere.

I think all direct drive compressors are noisy...
My first compressor was DD it got replaced because of the noise.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think all direct drive compressors are noisy...
My first compressor was DD it got replaced because of the noise.

very likely, it's not like i'm using it often though so i'm not overly concerned.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just assembled the new cheap comp and fired it up. Noisy my word it's noisy but as far as price, weight and time to fill the 40L tank I'm quite happy. I think it will do all I need as a second smaller comp, especially since it seems to be ok running off an extension cord. My 100L 3hp one I wouldn't even chance it on anything but a single point circuit and no way would I have it on an extension cord. For what it is a cheap comp, I'd say its pretty ok .
20200905_172207_resized.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just assembled the new cheap comp and fired it up. Noisy my word it's noisy but as far as price, weight and time to fill the 40L tank I'm quite happy. I think it will do all I need as a second smaller comp, especially since it seems to be ok running off an extension cord. My 100L 3hp one I wouldn't even chance it on anything but a single point circuit and no way would I have it on an extension cord. For what it is a cheap comp, I'd say its pretty ok .View attachment 213863

Someones been shopping at Supercheap :)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Someones been shopping at Supercheap :)
Yea he said he was going to on like 3 or 4 pages of this thread. It's not like it has been a big secret ffs face palm.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just assembled the new cheap comp and fired it up. Noisy my word it's noisy but as far as price, weight and time to fill the 40L tank I'm quite happy. I think it will do all I need as a second smaller comp, especially since it seems to be ok running off an extension cord. My 100L 3hp one I wouldn't even chance it on anything but a single point circuit and no way would I have it on an extension cord. For what it is a cheap comp, I'd say its pretty ok .View attachment 213863

Seems pretty good for a compact unit.
What's the noise like?