Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap compressor for rare use

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I didn't want to piss my neighbors off...

I hate one of my neighbours, so I do all I can to piss him off....Just so happens it's the side my compressor is on, so I accidently forget to turn it off a fair bit when I use it...It also helps that I am partially deaf too :)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I hate one of my neighbours, so I do all I can to piss him off....Just so happens it's the side my compressor is on, so I accidently forget to turn it off a fair bit when I use it...It also helps that I am partially deaf too :)

No I could never imagine you would not like your neighbour. Not someone as nice and friendly as you.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No I could never imagine you would not like your neighbour. Not someone as nice and friendly as you.

Especially when he tries to organise your property....

Last edited:

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Just assembled the new cheap comp and fired it up. Noisy my word it's noisy but as far as price, weight and time to fill the 40L tank I'm quite happy. I think it will do all I need as a second smaller comp, especially since it seems to be ok running off an extension cord. My 100L 3hp one I wouldn't even chance it on anything but a single point circuit and no way would I have it on an extension cord. For what it is a cheap comp, I'd say its pretty ok .View attachment 213863

This is a thread dig, but can I ask how it's held up since you bought it? I'm thinking about picking up an air compressor for occasional use but don't want one that will clap out if I'm sanding or polishing something.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I hardly use it as I have the 3 piston belt drive one. The second one is purely to add air flow for sandblasting.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The pump won't kick I until it drops below 90psi as well and by that time it huge amount of volume has been zapped.
I am a bit late to the party but it is not hard to adjust the pressure switch to start up at a higher pressure,
but make sure it is turned off at the power source before you do it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I am a bit late to the party but it is not hard to adjust the pressure switch to start up at a higher pressure,
but make sure it is turned off at the power source before you do it.

You can but the standard switch will only get to about 116psi before it won't hold and let's the air out. I have already screwed it up.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Apologies it goes up to 121psi not 116. 115psi is normal pressure. But 121 is not a lot. I believe there are comps out there that will go above that.