Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap Rims

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
People need to be really careful with using cheap knock off rims. I have seen a vu ss with fake sig 19's on it and the two rims on the passanger side the face of rim broke away from the rest of the wheel. They looked like hubcap 19's. I have heard heaps of stories like this involving a lot of different "cheap wheels". Just search google. They look great but is it worth risking the rest of your car if a rim shatter on the hwy, not to mention your life and everyone else around you...

I say buy genuine Holden and HSV wheels the best place to get them would be wheelking as they only sell the best quality geniune wheels and can freight aus wide...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah i'm tossing up on some wheels i've seen on EBAY, there 19 inch clubsport R8 copies, they sell for i think it's $690, for the set of 4 without tyres, they look really nice, and their a slightyly darker shade than the originals, making them a little different to look at also, but yeah i'm concerned about the quality of them.

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
Tyres won't be much of a problem.. My dad is in the auto parts industry and has some contacts. I'm thinking of going with Monaro 18" CV8-R copies.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
i Bought a set of 18 inch mags off a mate for $650. they have some small scratches etc on them but i am very happy with them! just float around and look for some second hand ones on ebay and you will eventually find something.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
make sure you find out how much it cost for tyres before you by the rims because i spent $300 on 2 rear tyres lol

haha is that all? mate it cost me more than that for 1

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Depending on where your located, there pickup only or local delivery. otherwise buyer will need to arrange a courier.

For JC members only - $700.oo

I have them advertised elswhere for $900.oo but if they dont sell I will be listing them on eBay and will get around $900.oo

They are worth $1100.oo as-is from a wheel shop.

KingNothing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
im thinking of getting wheels for my VT Berlina, but im finding it difficult to decide on which ones to get (i don't want copies, etc). A mate of mine noticed the new VE Calais wheels, and said they look good, i was just wondering whats everyone's thoughts on those wheels on a VT?

I'm also looking at the VY Clubsport rims.

GreenGoblin95

5.7Whinternational
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 Wh Statesman Internaional 5.7
Go For The VE Clubsport R8 Rims... Very Sexy