Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap/small mods

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
This thread is dedicated to little home jobs, both performance and cosmetics, for people like me i pay for all my big things (zorst etc) but people can post coolant flushing, door carpets, custom pedals and mirrors, dash painting, etc, if this is a dumb thread just ignor it, but i enjoy my little home mods lol

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Hrmm.. Dont know what to say about small modifications that arent pricey haha..

- Stop your Rear lights from fading, by not letting water get in.

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
bellmouth removal, air filter, chip, and drive around with as little jiuce as possible
also if you dont mind destrying your motor, have about 1/4-1/2 of a tank and add 3 bottles of pro strenght ocatne boost, and she'll move

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not really a performance mod but I always put some cheap flyscreen behind the bumper and just in front of the radiator. You wouldn't even know it was there and your radiator will stay like new for years :) No bugs smacking into the fins and crushing them. If anything the flyscreen will cammoflage the accessories behind there a little. ie thermo fans and trans coolers.

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
look on the inside of your mudguards where the bonnet hinges [both sides],you'll find a hole in the guard to let water out. The trouble is that it also lets leaves and junk down the hole which can cause rust.

Give these holes a good blowout with compressed air [you can use a tyre pressure gauge at the servo if you dont have access to a compressor].
Then get some aluminium mosquito mesh from your hardware and cover the holes with mesh and glue. This WILL permit water flow to the vent but nothing else... HTH... Rod

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Depending on how much cash you got, (assuming you have an exec model) paint those shitty grey bumpers black. Makes a big difference in appearance. Price depends on the quality of paint you wanna use. I reccomend non-shining paint as it looks weird.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
Depending on how much cash you got, (assuming you have an exec model) paint those shitty grey bumpers black. Makes a big difference in appearance. Price depends on the quality of paint you wanna use. I reccomend non-shining paint as it looks weird.

Or colour code them instead... Painted white on a white VN looks good etc. :thumbsup:

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
what grey bumpers