Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cheap sound deadning ??

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So anything that is a sounds absorber, such as underlay, is bad right? i was looking at the actual boot itself, not the enclosue, the bit on hinges.(ok that made no sense at all did it.)
Theres a lot of small gaps in it, should these be filled.. Ive tap tested it and it vibrates pretty bad.. Thanks for the help so far guys.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Its not bad, it just serves a different function to sound deadener (it stops rattles and road noise, whereas dynamat would stop metal resonating at audible frequencies).

I would definitely use something similar to dynamat on the bootlid to stop vibrations. You'd prob only need 1 or two sheets to kill most of it. On my old car i used a few dabs of sillicon in between the actual lid itself and the 'support' i guess you could call it as I didn't want to bother dynamatting- it did the job quite well. For the boot floor in all honesty I wouldn't bother, but if I was to do it I'd prob use dynamat again.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
I bought a box of Stinger "roadkill" for $100

With that i did my boot lid and both front doors (double layer, Over the plastic and on the back wall behind the window).

I'm about to buy another box so i can do the entire boot and parcel tray.

But as for the parts i have done, Very little rattle on the boot lid and GREAT midtones from the front doors. I'm very happy with the results.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
You are not going to believe it! Do you know those silver windscreen sun shades with the foam backing, that you can get from supercheap etc? Well after taking that crap plastic stuff off, I cut one up perfectly and used it for sealing up the doors using ahesive then sealed up any air leaks with silicon. And funny enough it works well! :rofl:And I scored some more mid bass. How dodgy and I??? LMAO

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
LOL. Thats awesome. Cheapest sound deadener in the world. It reflects light and souns as well. Can imagine going into a car audio installer and saying can you deaden my doors with this please. :yeah:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Sealing the door cavity will give you better midbass... It's not acting as a deadener though.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
LOL. Thats awesome. Cheapest sound deadener in the world. It reflects light and souns as well. Can imagine going into a car audio installer and saying can you deaden my doors with this please. :yeah:

:rofl:and it keeps ya car cool