Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap VS we just got!!!

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
Hey all we have just brought a vs for $300 its in good condition except for motor is clunky.
We where going to use it for updates to the vn. But now that we all looked at it where thinking its to good condition. So would it be worth fixing it or just be better selling the parts of???

Can a mod please post this in the right section thanks again sorry

Last edited:

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
Hey Greedy, Honestly it is entirely up to you at the end of the day. If it were mine though, I would definately do it up. Replace the engine or rebuild it at least. The Ecotech engines are a lot better than the old VN or VP Engine imo so that is one reason. Another is that the VS is worth a lot more than the VN in resale value. If you think it has potential then go for it

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I agree. If the car is basically tidy then it's a cheap buy. What's a second hand Ecotec worth - $500? Might even be one in the trading section of this forum as we speak. Replace the motor, flog off the old one for maybe 50 bucks and you're way in front. Then you can keep it or sell it and make a quid.

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
agreed, fix the vs, vs have ecotec motor, theyre pretty good reliable cars, and very cheap to modify/fix :)

best of luck with the VS :)