Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheaper alternative for VE Wiper Blades

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In saying that, take yours off and see if the arms the same as the pic

Might just be a different connector as not all connectors look the same but still fit the arm if you know what I mean

The blades are ok
Find the passenger side needed some bending in opposite direction cos where the connector area on the rubber blade would only go across the windscreen and pick up the water on one stroke and not both

But manipulating it by opposite bending and such and just time passing and they are pretty good blades

I use Repco windscreen additive also and works great

Also have a once a year water beading windscreen stuff from ALDI actually during their sales which works great also

Confidence very high with the combinations

Last edited:

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
In saying that, take yours off and see if the arms the same as the pic

Might just be a different connector as not all connectors look the same but still fit the arm if you know what I mean

The blades are ok
Find the passenger side needed some bending in opposite direction cos where the connector area on the rubber blade would only go across the windscreen and pick up the water on one stroke and not both

But manipulating it by opposite bending and such and just time passing and they are pretty good blades

I use Repco windscreen additive also and works great

Also have a once a year water beading windscreen stuff from ALDI actually during their sales which works great also

Confidence very high with the combinations
Try “Wipertech” very,very good.Cheers:):)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks guys for imput

Bill Dvdsn

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVE Commodore Ute
Every one of I have gotten squeek and chatter across the glass. My shop guy put some on and are brilliant, he's keeping them a secret!

Antikythera

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG Omega
Last week when I was in Costco Moorabbin I bought a set of wiper blades for VE for $14.99 per side. $30 seems like a good price to me and they seem pretty decent quality.

slight problem, the AU Michelin website direct to Great Britain site when you click the link for the Hydroedge
https://au.michelin-lifestyle.com/en/car-4x4-accessories/ext...

so you can't use the online car/make/model search functionality (well not for Holdens) but there was a physical copy in store. It was missing the VE but had HSV VE, VF and Holden VF listed so i made a guess the Holden VE would be the same as the HSV VE. ie 26" driver and 15" passenger, which was correct when i got home.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I've used those Michelin ones from Costco before and they work great. I don't think they lasted as long as the OEM ones, but certainly for the price, were great value.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Find out if wiper motors are all the same in VE if so you may be able to get new arms and blades.
make sense I hope.
Same wiper motor and wiper arm assembly VE and VF including Statesman etc

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
I've been having the issue of the blades not wiping properly in the centre. It did it on my SV6 and it do it on my SS now. Its like there isnt enough pressure on the centre of the blade? Theyre the ACDelco ones.

It cant be a rare issue since its been 3 different brands of wipers and 2 different cars...?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I've been having the issue of the blades not wiping properly in the centre. It did it on my SV6 and it do it on my SS now. Its like there isnt enough pressure on the centre of the blade? Theyre the ACDelco ones.

It cant be a rare issue since its been 3 different brands of wipers and 2 different cars...?

I get this occassionally as well.

Keen to know if there is a solution.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Clay bar your windscreen or use something like Gumption on a wet sponge to scrub your front screen, wash it off well, then install new wiper blades. Half the problem with worn wiper blades is the amount of crap on the glass that cuts them up.