Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheaper alternative for VE Wiper Blades

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
And Wipertech are $25 for a front pair for VE and VF at the moment.
Don't think I can post a direct link so go to ozbargains and search for today's (2 March 2021) deals, which will give you a code to use at checkout.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
And Wipertech are $25 for a front pair for VE and VF at the moment.
Don't think I can post a direct link so go to ozbargains and search for today's (2 March 2021) deals, which will give you a code to use at checkout.
Giving this old thread a kick.
Lots of rain driving between Canberra and Sydney in the last few months, so have been able to further compare Jenok vs ebay wipers.
Jenoks - yeah nah. Pricey for what they are.
Wipe the screen OK but clunky as F*** and are juddery at base of drivers area of screen.
Stick to ebay I think. They work well on the other car.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
Giving this old thread a kick.
Lots of rain driving between Canberra and Sydney in the last few months, so have been able to further compare Jenok vs ebay wipers.
Jenoks - yeah nah. Pricey for what they are.
Wipe the screen OK but clunky as F*** and are juddery at base of drivers area of screen.
Stick to ebay I think. They work well on the other car.
Jenoks - officially not worth the money.
Clunk, clunk, clunk, judder and they have not responded to emails that I sent them, enquiring about purchasing new rubbers.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I’ve put Repco wipers on mine recently. Not worth two knobs of goat shite. Tridon are the only ones I’ve used that are worth their salt.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Put a repco blade on passenger side this week. 40 bucks! Must be made of gold..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I did recently as well. Was rescued from the road twice. Took them back to one Repco and they said take it to where I bought it. Went to another and they replaced them no worries.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Put a repco blade on passenger side this week. 40 bucks! Must be made of gold..
Mine only lasted 6 months before chattering. Will be getting the Tridons from now on which are expensive but I know they last about 24 months before needing replacement.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I can’t believe I’m adding to 26 pages of windscreen wipers like some ASMR enthusiast. Well, here we are.

Bought some Repco blades (which were shizen.) Bought them while on the other side of Perth. Needed them. It was chucking it down and the cheap ones I posted on here a while back were worn more than your best undies.

Passenger one came off twice while driving over a month. Took back to Repco and they wouldn’t do anything because I didn’t have a receipt for their proprietary wiper blade only available from them and they told me to drive across Perth to the store I bought it from. So I go to another store nearby and they were great. Swapped the broken part. Fine. No hassles.

Today the drivers one ripped off.

Great when it’s wet. Very smooth and quiet. But if the wiper is triggered more than I am about Repco wiper blades by the sensor and the windscreen is actually dry (dust does it), the blades grab the glass. This came off and I was horrified as I watched arms scratch across the glass. I should be able to remove the marks I’m hoping.

So fk you Repco.

Off to Super Crap. Bought Bosch blades. I had to pay $85(!) so took my pants off and let the manager have his way with me.

I couldn’t drive the car with missing wiper blades. No way. Nervous as driving one trip without the blades.

The Bosch blades are amazing but my arse still hurts.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
A bag of ice should help:D