Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheaper alternative for VE Wiper Blades

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Special Vehicles GTS 2007 VE Sedan 6.0 i V
It is part of the 'Initiation' process, to become a productive member of this esteemed forum.
Thanks for that. I had another account from may'be 10 years ago but the associated email and password are defunct, so rejoined finally.

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Err....according to the link, they are OEM.
It does but examining the packaging I wasn't so sure mate and it's Ebay after all. The picture of the item wasn't how it was when it arrived but they looked ligit.

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
It is part of the 'Initiation' process, to become a productive member of this esteemed forum.
Yeah - you're expected to follow the dots. You can't jump a step. It's like being a commercial pilot.
Try out a series of ebay cheap arse wipers ($18) which work well for a few weeks. Then post about your experiences driving to and from Canberra along the Hume Highway on a wet day behind smokey 4WD utes. The wipers stopped working well. (oops - that's me).
So then you tried more expensive ($25) cheap arse ebay wipers for a while. Then up a bit to Jenkos ($40), Wipertech ($50) etc. (me again). Better but last a couple of months. Try soaking the wiper blades in 303 protectant. Nup.
Then ended up with AC Delcos ($45) - or if you're a real flash bugger, OEMs ($90). Which, surprisingly work well for almost a year.
You can't just make the jump to proper wipers straight away.

PaulMcGTS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah - you're expected to follow the dots. You can't jump a step. It's like being a commercial pilot.
Try out a series of ebay cheap arse wipers ($18) which work well for a few weeks. Then post about your experiences driving to and from Canberra along the Hume Highway on a wet day behind smokey 4WD utes. The wipers stopped working well. (oops - that's me).
So then you tried more expensive ($25) cheap arse ebay wipers for a while. Then up a bit to Jenkos ($40), Wipertech ($50) etc. (me again). Better but last a couple of months. Try soaking the wiper blades in 303 protectant. Nup.
Then ended up with AC Delcos ($45) - or if you're a real flash bugger, OEMs ($90). Which, surprisingly work well for almost a year.
Well I hate to tell you after all the pain you went through following the dots. You can jump right to the end step and nothing happens...well at least it hasn't yet, looks over his shoulder...:)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You forgot the Tridon wipers!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Is there a cheaper alternative to the Cheaper alternative for VE wiper blades thread?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Someone here mentioned pages ago that the AC Delco ones are not a straight fit? Mine had about three different style clips in the kit and went on in like five mins. $40 is pretty exi I suppose. I used to pay about $3-$4ea from Autopro and Sprints in Adelaide for my old cars.