Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheaper alternative for VE Wiper Blades

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Just a quick update , it has been raining pretty solid here in Ballarat and these Ac Delco wipers are great, not a squeak nor squark- bliss :)

Agree, had some rain yesterday. While not heavy, they worked a treat and whisper quiet.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Prices updated on the front page.
Only thing that went up is this.
92232799 REAR BLADE $ 28.82 RRP

bazz1961

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 series 2 sports wagon 3.6 sdi
Prices updated on the front page.
Only thing that went up is this.
92232799 REAR BLADE $ 28.82 RRP

super cheap 20 $ for new blade & arm rear window sports wagon ..today

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
VS_Pete, thanks for alerting us to the AC Delco refillable wiper blades. Your time and effort is very much appreciated.

I asked my local Holden dealer about the AC Delco blades at my car’s first service and the customer care representative wasn’t aware of them. However, they did make some enquires for me. When I collected my car, they said that they didn’t recommend fitting the AC Delco blades due to some sort of bad experiences with them in the past. I thought that they were just being party poopers and trying to sell the OEM blades so I purchased a set of the AC Delco blades myself.

My initial experience of the AC Delco blades has been as reported in this thread - all good. However, a week or so ago I noticed the RH blade skipping a bit on the ‘up wipe’ and also missing a small patch of the windscreen near the RH A-pillar. The blades were about 2 months old. I’m not sure if this is just a one-off bad blade, but I’ve now reverted back to the OEM blades.

I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has had any trouble with the AC Delco refillable blades or if I might have somehow got a ‘Friday special’?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ACDELCO
19102809 DRIVERS SIDE BLADE $21.65 RRP

19246591 DRIVERS SIDE REFILL $6.07 RRP
You still got the blades?
Mybe try a refill $6.07 RRP.

Last edited:

gabo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V
Hi Pete,
Your post caught my attention, as I can not understand how we have to pay premium ($50+) for a pair of wipers.

Last week i purchased some from SCA, the SCA branded ones. Not cheap at $60 a pair. After a few days i had a major issue with the driver side one where for some reason the blade was flipping and making a big screeching noise when i'd turn them on (and scratched the windscreen). It seems like the rubber on the left side of the arm was getting very soft under the sun (on a few 35+ degree days) and sticking to the windscreen. When i turned the wipers on, the sticking section would lag behind the moving wiper arm and than the arm would pull it and flip it. Long story short, I took it back for a refund to SCA (and they were hesitant to provide a refund at first) as its not the first time i've had a bad experience with the SCA branded products not been of acceptable quality.

But anyway another option i found for wipers is also at Costco. They currently have the Michelin brand and I purchased them a few days ago (for $9.99ea) and fitted them last night. They work well and clean very neatly. As for the quality, its the first time i buy them so I can't really vouch for them, but my two brothers have had those Michelins fitted on their cars for nearly a year now (in Canberra, so they've had to deal with a few icy mornings and now the summer). For $10 (compared to the fancy and expensive Tridons @SCA), I thought it was worth a try!

I think (yet to confirm) that these wipers from Michelin have a refill. But for the $10 bucks it costs, probably worth replacing the whole arm.

I've attached a photo of these.
Cheers.

Attachments

• Michelin Wipers.jpg.jpg
    Michelin Wipers.jpg.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 306

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
Gabo I too have had problems with the sca wiper blades. I got them when trico ones were not in stock when I needed them for my vx. I now have a badly scratched windscreen to the point where I will need to replace it for rego. My advice would be don't use them on any car.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Costco used to sell Goodyear wipers but they were a bit hard and noisy. I'll look out for those Michellins.

farkurnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SE
Just looking at your screenshot of the ACDelco parts finder - Rear blade only shows a refill AURT6.
Is that correct that the refill will work on the factory arm?
I have VE Sports wagon and the rubber has actually split on mine and come off... wasn't worried until todays rain on freeway and really noticed it :(.

I also see some "feedback" from the Alan Mance ebay link that a few of the AC Delco ones have broken during use.. that could really suck, anyone had that happen?

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride