Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheapest Dyno Tune in Sydney?

What is the first mod you would go for your Holden Commodore V6/V8?

• Total voters

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
By your avatar I assume you are talking about the VT, and I will assume a V6?

If you just want a cheap tune, or do you want a decent one? I don't know much about V6's as I've never owned one, but if you want cheap get an ebay chip; it should help your peak power a bit. If it is a V8, then is is a 5.L or GENIII? If it's a GENIII steve from Oztrack does an excellent mail order tune.

If you want a decent tune work out which mods you want first, it will work out heaps cheaper.

QldKev

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
Probably wait till after the cam/rockers to get it tuned properly, cause chances are you'll definitely need it then if you want max out of it.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Havent heard of a cheap one mate they are not cheap

WNTDVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato & Evo VII.
Word of advice, when it comes to tuning, going the cheapest route isn't necessarily the best (read - usually never). That definitely doesn't mean that the most expensive is the best but just beware of cheap tuners.

I think you would be better off trying to determine who good tuners are in Sydney as opposed to who is cheapest. You never know, you might be surprised and find that one of the cheaper places does in fact offer decent tuning capabilities!