Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheapest memcal for 808 in VS 304

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hi all. I had to find a new ECU for my VS as the original was throwen out by a mate in a garage clean out. I have a wolf/aem and they're are c...s and have no customer service so wont give me a base tune. Enough bashing those pr.cks.
So I bought an 808 fairly cheap recoed now I'm after a memcal on the cheap and standard is fine as I'll be either using the wolf again or buying a haltec 900 likely the wolf as I only need it to run ignition once the engine is built.
Getting a guy to tune the wolf back to a standard 304 would cost more than buying a 808 and memcal FFS!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Guessing it's manual if you want 808 or 2 plug ecu?

Try aceperformancetuning on fb or ebay...give him all your info he should be able to get it close enough to be drivable & also add fan temps,vats off etc

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Guessing it's manual if you want 808 or 2 plug ecu?

Try aceperformancetuning on fb or ebay...give him all your info he should be able to get it close enough to be drivable & also add fan temps,vats off etc
I just received the 808 but the seller was unsure if it had a memcal as it was a reco item in it's packaging. Because it did not have a memcal I now need to buy one but I don't want to pay too much

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I did some searching and bought one off a guy called commodoregear on ebay. so $250 for the 808 and $100 for memcal I'm in it for $350 which I think is pretty good.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I'm biased I'd rather go through one of the pcmhacking peeps

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm biased I'd rather go through one of the pcmhacking peeps
Well I did ask for recommendations but I want the memcal asap. Since I put a standard engine in it's never run for more than 30 seconds. I put it away while I was busy with other things in life now I'm going to try and drive it to my work after 4 years haha.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Recommended ACE because he is a business also on fb & ebay would probably take 3-4 days similar pricing...if you wanted it done cheaper properly for less or same pcmhacking peeps be way to go for vr/s modified/tuned memcal into 808 ecu that'd also be soild cheap or donated.

Do agree wanting it asap will always cost more.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Recommended ACE because he is a business also on fb & ebay would probably take 3-4 days similar pricing...if you wanted it done cheaper properly for less or same pcmhacking peeps be way to go for vr/s modified/tuned memcal into 808 ecu that'd also be soild cheap or donated.

Do agree wanting it asap will always cost more.
Oh sorry I drank a few beers last night and misread your reply. Thanks for your reply, I would've gladly gave my buisness to them/him if I wasn't half cut.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I was thinking you were talking about my wolf ECU being tuned like I said a few beers distorts your thinking.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Haha all good us holden v8 tragics need to stick together

If I've had good dealings with a business or peeps on forum I'll pay it back by recommending them.