Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheapest way to make a performance VT

Craggles

VT 357
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 2000 Berlina 5.7ltr
I bought a VT II 5.7ltr Berlina with 42,000 on the clock for $15,900 private sale 4 months ago in Melbourne. I was going to get just a 6, but I cant help my self...lol When I saw it advertised, I thought it was a typo..lol So I rang and bought it sight unseen. Since purchaseing it I put a pair of 6x9 Pioneer 260 watt speakers in the rear and after a lot of research I put a SS coldair induction in and a K&N filtter witch gave me more power and better fuel economy. But like any car it depends on how hard you drive it to how much fuel you use and also how much money you have in your pocket. If you want power and performance, save your pennys and buy a 5.7ltr. You won't regret it.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
how much work do i have to do to my 3.8 to charge it heads and wat else]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Holly Thread revieval Batman... Last Post: Craggles / 19-08-2006 10:07

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
a VT VX LS1 with cheap upgrades will wipe the floor with a standard to mildly modded skyline in a straight line

this isn't even a serious challenge

CV6Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Commodore
im eventually gonna go the alloytec turbo...with the right set up ive read power figures of 400kw's plus....and its a V6....that'd be fun to have lol

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
has anyone even seen a turbo alloytec of any consequence?

i mean you hear about it but wheres the dynos? 1/4 mile times???

a lot of hot air really since alloytecs are only known for blowing timing chains before 100,000km

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
has anyone even seen a turbo alloytec of any consequence?

i mean you hear about it but wheres the dynos? 1/4 mile times???

a lot of hot air really since alloytecs are only known for blowing timing chains before 100,000km

If they have CAPA (440KW) supercharger kits for them, then there will be turbo kits out there as well!!

Jarrodscv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais 50th Ann L67
Or if you care about power to weight get a supercharged v6 VS Calais. $1500 into one of them can have them keeping up with a auto gen 3. Spend $7k on one of those and you'll be able to run easy low 12sec passes with good fuel economy and a sleeper v6 sound. Or get a vt-vy version, they weigh a bit more though. Just another option.