Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check alternator light abs fault light

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore Executive s2
Was driving along and all of a sudden the check alternator started flashing on the dash then seconds later abs fault started flashing, my headlights went off and so did the radio. Is my alternator cactus? the battery is only a month old

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
that doesnt really help me seeing i dont have those tools. Is the car safe to drive to mechanic?

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
would that cause 1 raqdiator fan to stop working? I took the battery down to be tested and the battery was fine, i discovered 1 of the radiator fans was not working. But that would be a symtom of a bad alternator?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
would that cause 1 raqdiator fan to stop working? I took the battery down to be tested and the battery was fine, i discovered 1 of the radiator fans was not working. But that would be a symtom of a bad alternator?
2nd fan only comes on when the temperature reaches around 112deg then off at 108. if you want to test them just remove the temp sensor wire both should come on.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
buy a 20 buck multimeter from j car and test it i dont know myself weather it runs off the alternator or battery or if there it reverts to battery if alternator isnt supplying power proberly someone on here might but i posted a video on how to test the alternator one way or another your going to have to test it

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Runs off your relay in your fuse box, not the Alternator, if the battery drops below 12v it may effect it from coming on if the Alternator not supplying the battery with the amps it needs to keep it running.