Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check alternator-vy

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Had a warning come up on my vy berlina, check alternator. lost abs, traction control, radio, climate control, speedo/tacho arrangement.
Was off for a few minutes, when pulling into home it came back on for abit, then went off again, and i turned the car off.
I called up holden and they said the used car warranty would cover a stuffed alternator or voltage regulator, but not wiring faults associated.

I've never had any electrical problems with this car , or any for that matter, is there anything typically wrong that vy's get regarding this problem?
dont wanna have to take it to holden to be told it was a loose wire, and charge me $300 for tightening it up.

Thanks for any help!

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
get a multimeter check output at alternator also at battery & fusible links in fuse/reley box. this will give you an idea if its alt/batt/cables

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
System running under voltage, Faulty alternator would be my guess 99% get them to replace it ;) But as stated... Find out the running voltage and check leads.. Not really much more you can do.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
was gonna pick up a multimeter from work today and check it out as suggested above....cept i went to open the car and there was no power lol
got towed to holden, if its the alternator it gets fixed free!

new battery, new alternator, and now alls good :)

Last edited: