Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Engine light Issues

AimeeDorante

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Omega 2007
So I brought a VE Holden Omega 2007 car that has 180000k and my check engine light comes on and the car starts running rough it was happening only when i would reach 80 on Speedo so I took it to super cheap and they put a diagnostics scanner tool on it and told me nothing was coming up. I then took it back to the mechanic that I brought it off and they said the same thing. This continued so I took my car to Holden dealership for a major service and a diagnostic check they said they found problem and said it was injector 4 and spark plug and they fixed it and now the car is still doing exact same thing.. don't wanna go back to Holden as I feel they just robbed me. Anyone else have the same issue?
Now check engine light comes on randomly and I pull over turn car off then back on and it runs fine. Need help

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
So I brought a VE Holden Omega 2007 car that has 180000k and my check engine light comes on and the car starts running rough it was happening only when i would reach 80 on Speedo so I took it to super cheap and they put a diagnostics scanner tool on it and told me nothing was coming up. I then took it back to the mechanic that I brought it off and they said the same thing. This continued so I took my car to Holden dealership for a major service and a diagnostic check they said they found problem and said it was injector 4 and spark plug and they fixed it and now the car is still doing exact same thing.. don't wanna go back to Holden as I feel they just robbed me. Anyone else have the same issue?
Now check engine light comes on randomly and I pull over turn car off then back on and it runs fine. Need help
Take it back to Holden, they didn't fix the problem.

AimeeDorante

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Omega 2007
Take it back to Holden, they didn't fix the problem.
Yeah but I feel I take it back they are just gonna tell me it's something else and charge me more. I when I took it in for major service they charged me for that and use of diagnostic tool and then I brought it home same issue happened I called them back up and told them they tried to tell me that it was gonna cost me to use diagnostic tool again and I said no it's the same problem fix it and they said it ended up being coil pack 4 and spark plug. Charged me to get fixed and problem still occurring...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
They should fix it under warranty, which a 20,000k warranty, I can see your frustration, not wanting to go back, but, you need to take it back, and if you are still not happy with their answers, get on to the Holden FB page, and discuss it with holden direct, and if your still not satisfied, ACCC or VACC is the next step.
You would like to think that holden should keep the customers satisfied, because now is not a good time to get customers offside with current status of the motor industry.
The other option, get a second opinion from another mechanic / dealer then you have some evidence to come back with.
Don't go to Supercheap or Repco to get it scanned, the units they use are general scan tools for reading basic DTC's, and for resetting the codes.

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Your receipt from Holden should have the codes that they found post them up.