Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Engine Light/Limp mode

Barloc

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commodore V6
Hey, I have a 1994 VR Commodore V6 auto and about 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on, after turning it off and starting it the next day it was gone but a few days after that it was back, each time for longer periods of time and each time it went into limp home mode when the light came on. Now each time I get in the car the check engine light is on constantly and is always in limp mode.

Today I got in the car and there was a strong smell of petrol while driving it, which is obviously a concern.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Low on cash and I'm hoping I can fix it myself.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
check your hose fuel line , your fuel filter hose may be split , I say check your oil levels and fuel rail , injectors.

P$RICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8
Do you know how to do a self diagnostic with piece of wire? Look it up then do it. Count the flashes look up the code or codes and go from there. When they go into limp mode they flood the car with fuel to ensure it still can drive. Could be as simple as oxygen sensor.

Barloc

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commodore V6
never done the self diagnostic before but I'll give it a shot tomorrow