Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light - oxygen sensor gen3

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
ive ran mine disconnected and it drive better :eek:
i feel like since they played with it the other sensor stopped working so its almost like a wiring issue...
i need to get hold of a scan tool and do some testing

cozzzaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
I'm currently doing mine now using the wiring out I have a hunch it might be between were the wires come up side of gearbox and behind the intake manifold as mines just been resting on top of gearbox pretty much

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
I thought about running a new set of wires and just splicing them in where they connect at each end but just haven't even had the time to look at it lately

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the 02 sensor puts out the mv reading, this reading is then monitored and controlled by the ecu closed loop fueling, the heater circuit is the only power to it controlled by ecu also, if ur seeing the 450mv all the time then check the sensor itself and u should be able to see if its putting out a different mv prob higher 500-900mv (must have time to warm up) and if it is then u know there is a brake in the wire somewhere so u can either replace the wire or follow it testing in sections until u dont see the higher reading anymore then u can narrow in on the brake, or if u have the higher reading all way to the ecu then check the pins there or its within the ecu fault

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
I'm currently doing mine now using the wiring out I have a hunch it might be between were the wires come up side of gearbox and behind the intake manifold as mines just been resting on top of gearbox pretty much
did you solve anything?
Im taking mine back to the mechanic and we are going to look over it again...

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
He's found 5v on the signal low wire and we don't know why