Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light vf ssv redline

2014ssvredline

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
I have ssv vf redline today I started my car and the check engine light came on would this have something to do with a leak on my exhaust anyone experienced this

traction off

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Hi Guys, I have the VF SSV LS3, I had service ESP light come on with traction control light car would run and drive rough even through the auto gears,, scanned it cylinder 4 misfire, if cleared car would run perfectly, but then come back on eventually, obviously not injector, I replaced coil pack and whilst at it new ngk plugs and eagle 8mm leads, I used heat shields off the old leads on new ones, although I didn't like the feel when doing so, started her up and ESP and traction light are gone, ran perfectly ,but engine light remains on not flashing in tacho side, scanned and got P300 multiple misfire, then I pulled all heat shields off and tightened 2 plugs a little more, car runs perfect but engine light remains, thinking of disconnecting negative off battery for a while and then reconnecting it, hopefully that may solve??, otherwise it's a Holden job, need to know when disconnecting battery will it effect mylink stereo, will I have to put pin code in, if so has anyone done pin code before.

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
If you have rectified the problem. Check engine light should turn off after a few cycles.

traction off

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
If you have rectified the problem. Check engine light should turn off after a few cycles.
Ok, so just drive it a few times, thanks for your reply, i did try starting and turning it off multiple times, but may need to be driven a few times, im suspecting when heat shields were fitted on eagle plugs one or more connections weren't the greatest, because it didnt sound great first start, so i removed all heat shields, car run great just engine light in tacho stayed on atm.