Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light vf ssv redline

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Ok, so just drive it a few times, thanks for your reply, i did try starting and turning it off multiple times, but may need to be driven a few times, im suspecting when heat shields were fitted on eagle plugs one or more connections weren't the greatest, because it didnt sound great first start, so i removed all heat shields, car run great just engine light in tacho stayed on atm.
Needs a proper 'start cycle', engine up to temp. etc.
Or clear it with a decent scan tool.

traction off

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Needs a proper 'start cycle', engine up to temp. etc.
Or clear it with a decent scan tool.
Will try driving a few times, my truck mechanic down the road couldn't clear with his $12000 twelve thousand dollar scan tool also my alot cheaper scan tool wouldn't either.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Will try driving a few times, my truck mechanic down the road couldn't clear with his $12000 twelve thousand dollar scan tool also my alot cheaper scan tool wouldn't either.
Dont know what tool it is, but even a generic obd2 ELM 327 can clear misfire codes.
Are you sure it's not clearing but then returning straight away due to misfire?
May I suggest getting someone to start car at night while you look in the engine bay with engine cover off - you will see straight away any issues with coil packs if that's the case.
The scan tool will also provide the count of misfires per cylinder - get that info.

traction off

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Dont know what tool it is, but even a generic obd2 ELM 327 can clear misfire codes.
Are you sure it's not clearing but then returning straight away due to misfire?
May I suggest getting someone to start car at night while you look in the engine bay with engine cover off - you will see straight away any issues with coil packs if that's the case.
The scan tool will also provide the count of misfires per cylinder - get that info.
Both scan tools saying could not remove misfire codes, car is running perfectly, it only needed 1 coil pack for cylinder 4, it cleared service ESP and traction light in centre of dash, but problem has come i think with new leads and plugs both good quality. Engine light in tacho remains truck mechanic suggested i disconnect battery for an hour or two, but i may have to put pun in mylink stereo which i have but have never done before.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Both scan tools saying could not remove misfire codes, car is running perfectly, it only needed 1 coil pack for cylinder 4, it cleared service ESP and traction light in centre of dash, but problem has come i think with new leads and plugs both good quality. Engine light in tacho remains truck mechanic suggested i disconnect battery for an hour or two, but i may have to put pun in mylink stereo which i have but have never done before.
Disconnecting battery will do nothing.
There is no pin for mylink stereo.

Dont know what the mechanic's story is but if that sounds weird re: clearing codes. You really do need the misfire count per cylinder.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Are you sure you followed the process to clear the code correctly?
I recently had to clear a code for the first time ever, and didn’t properly switch ignition on without starting the engine (5s start-button press without foot in brake).

traction off

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Are you sure you followed the process to clear the code correctly?
I recently had to clear a code for the first time ever, and didn’t properly switch ignition on without starting the engine (5s start-button press without foot in brake).
Thankyou so much that worked, i wasn't holding in for 5 seconds and when i did, i cleared with my scan tool, Thankyou so much.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
futurama-zoidberg.gif