Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Engine Light

AriG

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Series II Executive
So I have a 1996 Series II VS Executive and I am having problems with the check engine light. When i turn my car on the check engine light sometimes comes and I don't know what it is. When the light is on the car doesn't run all that well and is pretty sluggish but when the light is off it runs fine. Depending on how i turn the car on depends on wether the engine light comes on also, if i turn the ignition on and wait a good 10-20 seconds with PWR button ON the engine light doesn't usually come on or if i start the engine, turn it off then start it again the engine light goes away.

Any ideas what this could be? I have checked the error codes on the computer and got the all clear and was maybe thinking it could be the fuel pump not pressurising properly or something like that?

Gregoryd28

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vr 5lt
I actually had a similar prob only if I accelerated in n before d it would stay on and lose all power it had only ever done this after trans replacement it had turned out the round plug on the auto trans had grease/dirt in the plug cleaned it out went fine not sure if you have had anything done to transmission before it started

tznu1

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
usually if your car is sluggish its putting it into limp mode so it will go like crap.. but as Gregory has mentioned take a look at the plug incase its just that