Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I given up being YouTube mechanic I used to read books and figure things out now I don't seem to use my own brain and go on internet for everything techno zombie

MissKaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vx Commodore V6
Soooo .... I've been messaging my cousin in NSW about what's been happening with my car. I might have figured the issue.
Well I'm hoping I have.
I think that about 8 months ago when I was trying to get my VY working, I took the TPS off my vx and put it on that.. I have a suspicion that I lost the drive adapter at that time.
Because I've looked at a diagram and looked at the shaft on the throttle body.. and, Well..... I can't see the sleeve that's meant to be on it‍♀️

Feeling like a complete ******** right about now haha.

So I'm going to have a look around at where I can get one.. hopefully that will fix the issue (fingers crossed)

Attachments

• adaptor.jpg
    adaptor.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 135

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
hmmm
post 30 somebody asked about that little spacer :rolleyes:
hope it's that easy
just grab one from the wreckers

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
And you had to
Soooo .... I've been messaging my cousin in NSW about what's been happening with my car. I might have figured the issue.
Well I'm hoping I have.
I think that about 8 months ago when I was trying to get my VY working, I took the TPS off my vx and put it on that.. I have a suspicion that I lost the drive adapter at that time.
Because I've looked at a diagram and looked at the shaft on the throttle body.. and, Well..... I can't see the sleeve that's meant to be on it‍♀️

Feeling like a complete ******** right about now haha. I think you put the maf on backwards

MissKaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vx Commodore V6
hmmm
post 30 somebody asked about that little spacer :rolleyes:
hope it's that easy
just grab one from the wreckers
Sooooo.. I took the adapter.. spacer thing off the VY just to check if that's been my issue..
I need a good slap upside the head haha.. that's been the issue this whole time.
As soon as I turned the key, the check engine light went away, and the car idled properly.. I took it for a drive around the block and at 1st it spluttered a bit.. but I expected that.. but then it ran smooth..

Thankyou all for your help.
I'm slowly learning more and more

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
sometimes it's the simple things that do your head in

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Does my head in far as I knew car would idle without the TPS only have massive flat spot when trying to accelerate seems everything I think I know is always changing pretty sure I even disconnected the TPS on my last by Ecotec and it idled but who knows I got no memory these days ten years of meds chemically chasterated lobadomised and sodamised filled with filth

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Car won't shift hardly, if at all without the TPS functioning as it should.