Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine !!

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Dears,

I've got problem with my VE sv6 once I give a full power ( without sport shift ), Suddenly the RPM back down and the engine going slow with vibration and came on " Check engine " light .. any one get this before ?

Please advice .. and my car model is 2007 .. V6 .. 3.6 ..

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
That sounds fairly major... is it still under warranty. does it miss at all during normal driving or just when you put your foot down??

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Can the car still be driven after this has happened, but won't rev past about 1000-1200rpm? Is this 'limp mode'? A similar thing happens with the 8s, not sure if the 6s have the same feature. I'd be getting it checked out ASAP just in case it's something major.

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
That sounds fairly major... is it still under warranty. does it miss at all during normal driving or just when you put your foot down??

not under warranty. and it miss once i put foot down

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Can the car still be driven after this has happened, but won't rev past about 1000-1200rpm? Is this 'limp mode'? A similar thing happens with the 8s, not sure if the 6s have the same feature. I'd be getting it checked out ASAP just in case it's something major.

no .. i have to switch off and on again.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
being that its missing under load id say fuel or ignition related could be a dodgy coil/plug....take it to your holden dealer or to a trusted mechanic being its not in warranty it must be a jan 07 model which sucks as its just out of warranty....or you have done more than 100.000kms

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I’m really surprise with your agreement 100.000KM !! Coz our agreement with our dealer GM is 60,000KM ONLY .. by the way am from Kingdom of Bahrain.

However, I’ve visit a trusted machine and they says that the problem is some water goes into the plug of the main computer of the car.

I’ve opened all the plugs of the car by myself and cleaned with W40 “ engine cleaning “ and so far is fine and no more light.

Head_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sedan
Didn't sound so good from what you were saying... ut if it was a simple fix then it's all good!