Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Oil Warning

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
Very high, the part can be had for $65ish and can be fitted by yourself (easily) using an $18 bit from Repco and a standard ratchet. Whereabouts in Perth are you? If you are anywhere near Joondalup and/or Wangara I have a scan-tool I can run to check if the Oil Pressure Sensor is the leading cause of the issue (unless of course the dealer already did this).

imoore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV ute
we had a vz do this to us. i serviced it and i went to move it out and it flashed low oil. i re checked the level, it was full. plug in the scan tool and there was no oil pressure. wiggled the wires and it came back to life.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Does it say Check Oil or Service Engine Oil?

If it's the latter, ignore it, it means nothing.

Ausdiver99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I had the same problem with my VZ and replaced the sender with one from Repco which cost about $75. I have the special 3/8" drive socket if anyone is around Hampton Park area and wants to use it and save themselve $18. All was well for a day or two but the Service Vehicle Soon AND Check Oil warnings are appearing again. The oil level is OK. Does anyone have any suggestions? The electrical connector doesnt seem to be as tight a fit on the new sender as it is on the old one. I might buy a scan tool with PC interface from eBay if the tape doesn't stop the problem.

Phyco - what are the codes if it is the replacement oil sender that's causing the problem?

Last edited:

mantis3dfx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
V6 or V8??

Probably the Oil pressure sensor/switch however I am no mechanic and others could have a better idea.... I would be taking it to someone who can hook it up to a tech2 and check the codes being returned.

Good luck.
...Or you could just screw a normal oil pressure testing gauge into the spot where the oil pressure sensor resides. If you have the car already jacked up at the front, it should only takes about 5 or 10 minutes to do

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Nothing new for dealer wanting $209.
I used one of these about 6 months ago still good today.
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...70.l1313&_nkw=oil+pressure+switch+vz&_sacat=0
Not all that hard to remove/replace takes about 5 minutes but don't over tighten it as it is alloy and has an O ring for memory.
Lift engine cover straight up to expose it then press tab on connector to remove connector.
Undo switch anti clockwise looking from the front of engine.
I have a one and one sixteenth inch long socket which makes it easier..