Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Power Train error P0443

Pele23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6
Ok so I have this error P0443 which is the evap solenoid... I have tried 2 new ones and reset but error keeps coming back... is there anything else I should be looking at? Faulty ECM?? Any suggestions appreciated

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Probably the first step is to remove the error code from your system. This can be achieved with an OBD2 Code Scanner. This code often appears after you have disconnected and or removed/replaced an engine item. It doesn't always indicate the presence of an actual fault. If you've done all that then you might need someone with a Tech 2 (Holden only) Scanner to delve deeper into the dark corners of the electronic system. If you are a member of an Auto Club (RACV, MRMA, RACQ etc although I now see your location as Auckland - try local Auto Club) then call them to attend your location they generally carry OBD2 Scanners capable of identifying codes.

Pele23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6
Probably the first step is to remove the error code from your system. This can be achieved with an OBD2 Code Scanner. This code often appears after you have disconnected and or removed/replaced an engine item. It doesn't always indicate the presence of an actual fault. If you've done all that then you might need someone with a Tech 2 (Holden only) Scanner to delve deeper into the dark corners of the electronic system. If you are a member of an Auto Club (RACV, MRMA, RACQ etc although I now see your location as Auckland - try local Auto Club) then call them to attend your location they generally carry OBD2 Scanners capable of identifying codes.
Hi Benboy, thanks for your response I have a Tech2 thats how I got the codes and have also reset the fault when I replaced the Evap purge valve solenoid but upon starting the vehicle and letting it run for a bit then turning it off and restarted again the code comes back again. I have since taken off the charcoal canister and given it a good clean out, I also have checked the line from the purge valve to the canister for damage but there is none, maybe there is a blockage in the line somewhere??? I will post a pick of some of the crap that was in the charcoal canister maybe there is more blocking somewhere, what is this crap in there?? I will be a little bit annoyed if its a petrol cap issue :)

Attachments

• Charcoal.jpg
    Charcoal.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 349

mrbissi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack, VZ Coomodore Wagon, WK Statesman
Hi Pele23, Did you end up finding what why you couldn't clear the code. I have the same code on my vz ecex. I have replaced spark plugs and tested the coils all appears to be good. I have also cleaned the solenoid hoses and cleaned them up. still to do the canister. I have also replaced the solenoid with another one from my dads statesman and his car is working ok with my solenoid. cheers mate

Pele23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6
Hi Pele23, Did you end up finding what why you couldn't clear the code. I have the same code on my vz ecex. I have replaced spark plugs and tested the coils all appears to be good. I have also cleaned the solenoid hoses and cleaned them up. still to do the canister. I have also replaced the solenoid with another one from my dads statesman and his car is working ok with my solenoid. cheers mate

Hey Mr. Bissy, yes I did end up fixing the problem, it was the o2 Sensors which was strange as the codes didn't relate to them. I just took a stab in the dark & it turned out to be them so my problem was solved. Just go through all your tests first before replacing them as I did but it does sound as if you are having the same problem. Got them dirt cheap off Ali Express although it does take a little while to get to ya, it took about 3 weeks for me. Hope this helps ya out a little. Goodluck