Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Powertrain

The B Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Ute
(Edit: I have continued reading and it could also be the computer, I dont know what to fix.)

I have searched the threads and have found a few answers but im not exactly sure i have the same problem.

I have had the check powertrain light come on a few times now, the car starts miss firing and continues to do so until i switch her off the back on again. That normally fixes the problem. A couple times now i have had to disconnect the battery to restart the computer and that has fixed the problem. Now its happening more often and since i drive 140kms everyday to work and back I really need to get this sorted.

I also have a problem where the car will miss fire when im at the lights or even just when im cruising at 70kph, it just randomly does it.

I have read it is most likely an O2 sensor that needs replacing for the powertrian issue, I have also read that it might be a coil pack problem with the car miss firing.

The front seal of my gearbox blew out in November so i had to get all the seals replaced, i dont think this has any relation to the current problems as i had them before and after the gearbox problem.

In any case I would love some clarity on the problems and how much its going to cost me to get fixed, Im pretty mechanically minded so i can fix most things, but if i need computers reset or whatever there isnt much i can do about that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

The B Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Ute
Check Powertrain. The problem is the computer.

I had the car checked over with the diagnostic computer, looks like when the powertrain failure comes on my computer is not sending any fuel the the 6th cyclinder.

Looks like i need a new computer.

(Edit: I have continued reading and it could also be the computer, I dont know what to fix.)

I have searched the threads and have found a few answers but im not exactly sure i have the same problem.

I have had the check powertrain light come on a few times now, the car starts miss firing and continues to do so until i switch her off the back on again. That normally fixes the problem. A couple times now i have had to disconnect the battery to restart the computer and that has fixed the problem. Now its happening more often and since i drive 140kms everyday to work and back I really need to get this sorted.

I also have a problem where the car will miss fire when im at the lights or even just when im cruising at 70kph, it just randomly does it.

I have read it is most likely an O2 sensor that needs replacing for the powertrian issue, I have also read that it might be a coil pack problem with the car miss firing.

The front seal of my gearbox blew out in November so i had to get all the seals replaced, i dont think this has any relation to the current problems as i had them before and after the gearbox problem.

In any case I would love some clarity on the problems and how much its going to cost me to get fixed, Im pretty mechanically minded so i can fix most things, but if i need computers reset or whatever there isnt much i can do about that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks