Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CHECK RIGHT/LEFT DIPPED BEAM LAMP

Charles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I have recently changed my lo beam bulbs to H7 HID aftermarket bulbs in my VF SF6.The new bulbs work fine but when i start the car I'm now getting a message asking me to check the right / left dipped beam lamps. Does anyone know why this message is coming up. Is it something i have done wrong when installing the lamps???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You didn't use VF CAN bus compatible lamps.
They might state they're compatible, but not with a VF...

Charles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Ok no worries thanks heaps. Will the headlights i have in now cause any dramas with the car. Going to take a few days to get compatible bulbs thats all.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Jw speaker do two kits to cancel the warnings. One has two resistors in the box with part number 990007RCB and another has the two resistors with another two looms. You only need the kit with the two resistors.
Been through all that when I put LEDs in my low beams. Bulbs kept frying during their warranty period. I got sick of removing the stone guards in the wheel wells so I gave up baby sitting them and put halogens back in.

Charles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Legend. Thanks for the advice. Ill get the resistors and see how I go.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
There are HID kits available for VF, that are CAN bus compatible.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
"canbus compatible" is just a marketing term for a module/circuit that puts load onto the line to emulate the halogen bulb and you might be able to find just that module on ebay sort of like THIS or THIS
they are all the same idea and a cheap one would be no different to an expensive one apart from a logo.

the ones i linked will fit most h7 kits led or hid but it pays to double check the plugs before you buy.

i would take the hid kit out until you get the fix because the canbus might drop the voltage to the bulbs which will cause a flickering/strobe effect and that will cause issues night driving and attract the first police car that spots you.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Yeah I was literally just on ebay having a look at those. I think they might sell something like that at Supercheap Auto as well.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yeah I was literally just on ebay having a look at those. I think they might sell something like that at Supercheap Auto as well.
I bought some for the VE. A really good, quality product. It just didn't fit the VE headlamp assembly. Fits the VF fine.