Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checked out a Stato & Calais today

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Had to drop in number plates and rego stickers for Holden today at Cannon Hill in Brisbane for their Statesman V8 and Calais V6. Had a quick look around them. Didnt realise the battery now lives in the boot. Nice head unit.
The engine bay at the left hand firewall is not very roomy, Big airbox/interior air intake, with room for optional pollen filter. Going to be a drama replacing v8 plugs at the rear.
The Calais has standard DVD player and screen in the roof. The Statesman has this as an option. The caprice has this standard.
Front parking sensors stanadard as well.
AH style flip key remote.
Also good to see opel stlye roof aerial,yeh no more rope and mast.
Nice looking overall.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
awesome, i spose the engine is moving back to make the handling better, so technically its a good thing. i agree that the roof aerial will be good, at least its symmetrical, ive always hated the aerial poking up and looking at me...

L

LeBoofer

I was wondering what sort of design the keys would take. Seems to be the 'stylish' thing to do atm.

Also interesting to know that the battery is now in the boot. I heard rumours, and now the facts!

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
hkmonaro68 said:
The Calais has standard DVD player and screen in the roof.

Actually the Calais V has this as standard. It's an option accross the range for everything else except the Caprice which also has it as standard...

hkmonaro68 said:
Front parking sensors stanadard as well.

Standard only on Calais V, Stateman and Caprice.

Also, I have read elsewhere that only Calais, Calais V, SSv, Statesman and Caprice get the flip key remote. I'm hoping that info isn't true though. I can't imagine why there would be two different style keys... And I just checked a high res interior pic of the SV6 and it seems to have the new style key... Will have to wait and see I think.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
The Calais was a V6, the stato V8.
Yeah the Calais had a V badge on the boot, It was kind of difficult to read. I thought it said VE on the badge, as it has the V then red horizontal stipes like in the shape of an E.
The Holden Instructor had the some of the Stato interior apart trying to get the front park sensors working.
Also under the bonnet there is a postive and negative adaptars, there in case you need to jump start.
Both cars had the flip keys.
The handbrake lever looks like its part of the centre consul, looks like a grab handle and has a trigger in it, to release the park brake.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
what colours where the cars hkmonaro68?

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
hkmonaro68 said:
The handbrake lever looks like its part of the centre consul, looks like a grab handle and has a trigger in it, to release the park brake.

Hey wow! Just like it looks in EVERY pic of the VE to date!!!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
big_stretch said:
awesome, i spose the engine is moving back to make the handling better, so technically its a good thing. i agree that the roof aerial will be good, at least its symmetrical, ive always hated the aerial poking up and looking at me...

Ye my friends BMW 325ci super sports is the same, the engine is real deep in, so as you said the handling would be better, and I can say the handling is awesome on the BMW, really nice to drive.