Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking error codes VR/VS (Revised)

Schitzo06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
I have a VRSS can somebody tell me where to find the error codes for the 5.0?

daddio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Fault Codes - Pin 5 & 6 dont work on the VRII

I have read all the great posts on how to produce error/fault codes by shorting out pins 5 & 6 then turning on the ignition - but When I do this in my VR Series II, the engine fan comes on.:hit::hit::hit::hit:http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/smilies/hit.gif

So can someone tell me if its just me or is there a problem with this test - I know there are others out there with the same problems.

is it just this model that doesnt work?

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
I have read all the great posts on how to produce error/fault codes by shorting out pins 5 & 6 then turning on the ignition - but When I do this in my VR Series II, the engine fan comes on.:hit::hit::hit::hit:http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/smilies/hit.gif

So can someone tell me if its just me or is there a problem with this test - I know there are others out there with the same problems.

is it just this model that doesnt work?

Read post number 21. It shows the revised procedure with pictures and also states that the engine fan will turn on when the pins are bridged. Happens on all models... there is nothing wrong

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
mine reckons everythings fine but the box in it is utterly stuffed lol

senatorbaz

Burnout? what burnout?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Senator
Hint for HSV owners, if you try this you will need to put the stupid immobiliser key into the glove box prior to turning the key 2 clicks. Otherwise, like me you'll be wondering why the engine light isnt coming on. thanks hsv.

thesanchez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CLUBSPORT
ok so something pretty interesting happend to me just then, after reading this thread i thought id go out and give mine a test to see if any codes came up, but as my plug wasnt screwed to where it should have been (was tucked up behind the lid) i dropped down the lid and as i grabbed the plug it made contact with the metal frame and sparked at me. now on closer inspection i could see a couple of random freyd wires coming off the larger red wire (pressuming power) so i put it down to that. now im looking at the from of the plug and i see that where the red wire goes into the plug it is all melted. now it wasnt from it shortin out a second ago coz u could easily tell its been like that for a while so im wondering if this could affect anything in my car?

i continued to bridge 5 + 6 and ran the test and what do u know nothing happend on the dash. not even the mandatory code 12. so is my diagnostics up **** creek. and should i worry about this or just screw it on and make sure it doesnt short out again???

lukeb25

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5.0 litre
it come up for me code 33 map voltage not sure how to ajust it any ideas ?

Holden3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG ute
Hey, my brothers got a VR Series II that is majorly overheating. Its doing this because the fan wont come on by itself. I've done error code history and got a "Code 16 - Coolant temperature Sensor voltage unstable", when doing so the fan was working. Does this mean that Ive (he's) got a poor earth somewhere or is the coolant temp sensor nackered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:

antwillow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i did the test and my fan didint come on but i got the lights flashing???
any ideas