Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking error codes VR/VS (Revised)

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
for a second tehn i thought you were welling me he was right and i was getting worried about my knowledge. All good though. Maybe its a stroked 202 that been fitted to his VT? i remeber seeing a thread, maybe not on this site about fitting a 202 to a VX SS. LMFAO

G

Grommitt

ok so i got a paper clip and put them into pins 5 and 6 and well all i get is my engine light continually staying on..

this sucks :(

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Grommitt said:
ok so i got a paper clip and put them into pins 5 and 6 and well all i get is my engine light continually staying on..

this sucks :(

lol, u sure u got the right place? coz thats saying that it isnt connected (ie. its the same as if you turn the key to 'ON' try pushing paper clip in further maybe :S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
hi all dont know if this has been mentioned (i got lost half way through this thread). I read somewhere that each error is stored for 50 starts. Is this 50 starts from when the error first shows or will it keep it for 50 starts after its sorted (meaning that when its fixed you have to reset it)?

thanks

steve

Simdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Hey guys i just got code 16 - how is this fixed and what is it ? wis this affecting my fuel economy?

fififi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II
My engine warning light came on, but didn't come on again after I stopped for petrol.
1. If there is an engine fault, should the warning light continue to show every time you drive until the fault is repaired, or does it only come on once, until the motor is switched off after the first time it lights up?
2. I checked the computer after the engine warning light came on during a trip, but it continued to flash "12" only (watched it do it 10 times to be sure).
Why wasn't a fault recorded if the light came on? Is this normal? (I don't like being freaked out unnecessarily.)

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
i got codes 16, 43, 45, 68....vr v6 auto....can anyone tell me what they are for. thanks