Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking error codes VR/VS (Revised)

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
there is another thread in this section for VN-VP.

S

scotty1000

Does anyone know which pins to short out on the ALDL on the VN 5.0 Litre V8 ? :unsure:

A

ANTHONY665

Hay mate can ya tel me why my VR is not sending the RPM to my taco that i fitd on the dash. just dont know why and how i can fix it

stewart

Reaction score
hey guys, why didnt that gizmo get made with
a lcd readout, then better than counting flashes.

anso, why is it that pins have to be shorted out with a bit of wire, it this needs doing, why dont the plug from the unit have pins X & Y (whatever) shorted out in the plug?

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
had the battery disconected a few days ago.. so dont know if this is accurate but its showing 12- ok.

ill try it ina few weeks times, thx.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
scotty1000 said:
Does anyone know which pins to short out on the ALDL on the VN 5.0 Litre V8 ? :unsure:
v6/v8 same pin 5/6

Z

Z()LTAN

12 is all i get do u have to do anything else to check other codes becides 12?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Code 12 will always show up first. It will show itself 3 times before any other codes are found. I will put a pic of the connector on soon. Codes will be cleared when the battery is removed or the engine fuse under the bonnet is disconnected. In responce to stewarts question, yes you could theoretically make an lcd readout but the flash system costs nothing. You can also buy a cable to connect that lists the codes, but this system is free and incredibly simple.