Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking error codes VT/VX

Discussion in 'Holden Commodore How-To's' started by AirStrike, Jan 9, 2006.

1. b0tch

b0tch New Member

Members Ride:
    VX Calais
    Quick question guys...i read that the VT relies on 2 characters for a fault code, and vx is 4.

Is there a difference between vx s1 and s2? I have an s1, and reading codes doesn't give the 10 flashes for a zero as required.

2. Howsey

Howsey New Member

Members Ride:
    vx commodor
    G'day I am reading your post and seem to have the same problem, can you give me any info on what you found to be the issue.

cheers Howsey

3. #Brock

#Brock Member

Members Ride:
    Cammmed Slammed Blown VT SS 3:9 Shift Kitted
    My engine light just stays on also when in diagnostics have checked all my fuses all seem good, just curious which fuse you blew rick

4. Crab

Crab New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Exectutive v6
    Great post
    I'm currently looking for the codes regarding seat belt pretensioners , clock spring or anything else that would trip the airbag light,
    Any help greatly appreciated

5. redka

redka New Member

Members Ride:
    VX S Commodore
    Merry Xmas all. I've gone through all the threads here and online and cannot get an answer to a code on my May 2001 VX S v6 auto commodore. Codes are:

0132 - Oxygen Sensor Circuit - High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
    1870 - ???

I'm just using the paperclip manual trick on pins 5-6 on the ALSL to get the flashing codes.

And referencing from here, other sites and the Gregory's VX V6 manual I have, cannot find a code for 1870. Checked it several times so the codes is flashing correct.

From what I've read the first digit (1) means it's a Manufacturers Specific code, (8) Transmission, and 70, well that's where I cannot find an answer. My Gregorys book only goes up to P1845 (Engine torque reduction error).

any help would be appreciated, as I have what feels like a 'slipping' transmission. when I take off, I'm getting no drive and the engine has to rev higher (up over 4000 sometimes in 1/2) to get anywhere. Coasts fine on flat ground with 'surging' of the car when going up hills even if they are slight. More noticable at slower speeds around 60km. Engine idles fine and no backfiring on both LPG and Petrol. Surge and 'slipping' issue is consistent on both fuels.

Cheers
    Mick

6. danielsan

danielsan Member

Members Ride:
    VT2 SS 5.7/A4
  7. immortality

immortality Moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    Have you checked the transmission fluid level?

redka likes this.
  8. redka

redka New Member

Members Ride:
    VX S Commodore
    Thanks Danielsan, sorry for not replying earlier, but wanted to share for the benefit of others:

from the link you sent:

" If at some point the transmission begins to slip, P1870 sets and line pressure is elevated in an attempt to stop any further slippage and prevent further damage. "

I then found out that my levels in the transmission were low as per Immortality asked just after you. Stupid mistake, I'd always checked the levels when the engine wasn't running, then after your reply read that the fluids can only be determined when in idle. live and learn. All good since.

9. redka

redka New Member

Members Ride:
    VX S Commodore
    Thanks Immortality,

I then found out that my levels in the transmission were low after that previous P1870 code. Stupid mistake, I'd always checked the levels when the engine wasn't running, then after your reply read that the fluids can only be determined when in idle. live and learn. All good since.

10. Sydney666

Sydney666 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vx commodore
    Anyone understand in dash fault codes by engine light flashing with 5 and 6 bridged on diagnostic connection got video any help appreciated !!!!!!!!