Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking error codes VT/VX

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Mine got 10 flashes then 1 repeatedly that's all, what does it mean Please.
The VX error codes are now represented by groups of four flashes instead of two flashes like the older commys. Example- code 12 is now represented by 10 flashes, 10 flashes, 1 flash, 2 flashes.The 10 flashes stands for 0. The older commys just had one flash followed by 2 slightly quicker flashes, to represent tens and units to make code 12. After the 10 flashes, how many of the "1's" is it giving you before it starts over.?

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
dont mean to dig up on old thread but i couldnt find anything on my problem in other threads, im bridging the right pins 5 and 6 and it worked once but came up with code 83 so i checked and there isnt an 83 so i went back to check it again and bridged it the same way but the engine light wouldnt flash at all... any ideas ive tried unhooking the battery to reset it, bridging every other way but nothing works, any help at all would be mad cheers

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
WHAT A AWESOME THREAD!!!!!! i didnt even know u could do this after 1st time installing stage 2 cam and basically rebuilding half my engine (8.5hrs later) i checked for faults using ur method and to my amazement nothing wrong everything is spot on thanks heaps for the tip[

Mel91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Can anyone tell me if this will work on a VS please?

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Hey guys,
I've bridged the ports but there is no flashing when I put the ignition on. The light is just off. If I start up the engine, with the bridges still ported, the light stays on. If I take the paperclip out the engine warning comes back on immediately (while running).

Any ideas what is happening here?
cheers

inSight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VX
Just wondering if people know about the Android App called Torque Pro?

If you have an OBD2 blutooth adapter (can get them off eBay) you can use this app to get a detailed report of your car. Fault codes, performance, sensor data and more etc.

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Just wondering if people know about the Android App called Torque Pro?

If you have an OBD2 blutooth adapter (can get them off eBay) you can use this app to get a detailed report of your car. Fault codes, performance, sensor data and more etc.

I got the impression that the Vt/VX don't have the capabilities for that - ie. full OBD2 compliancy. would be awesome if it works. anyone?

emmo1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagon
I got the impression that the Vt/VX don't have the capabilities for that - ie. full OBD2 compliancy. would be awesome if it works. anyone?

no mate that wont work

does anyone here make/sell the correct cable for the vx V6?
id rather buy of a member if possible