Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Checking your Computer for Faults (VN - VP)

2greedy

VP Calais (SSV)
Reaction score
Website
www.designaglo.com
Members Ride
VY SS HBD6speed manual 5.7ltrs of manual GRUNT!!!
:thumbsup: well i just done mine and woohoo the good old number 12:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Inquisitor

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks fort this - helped a lot when diagnosing :)

One thing to note though - my ECU was stuffed - and the engine lamp would stay on, and not flash any codes at all. Replaced it, and all was good :)

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Yay! now i can go see why my biatch died twice on the way home tonight... Just Stalled then turned over for 30/40 sec then started Like a shitty old 202 (holding the pedal to the floor)... hoping its not a frikken fuel pump....

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
is it the same for the 5ltr? coz i had the problem that someone else had where it keeps cutting out then takes a bit of crankin 4 it to start again

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hey nice tutorial...... i was just thinking about doing this tomorrow but has any body thought about cutting the white and black wire's then adding a wire 2 each then running it to a switch? and sticking the button whereever you want? save you taking the kickpad off all the tym and all u'll have to do is flick the switch:).... would it work? i dont see why it wouldnt.. neways keep up the good work and thanks alot:D

nevj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Acclaim
Sure, just make it one of those retunable/ springloaded switches that you have to keep your finger on. You don't want to accidently leave the switch in the closed position, not sure of possible effects but new codes won't register if switch is in closed position.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
Not the best idea putting a switch on it cos you need to bridge the connection with as little resistance as possible ie a paperclip the resistance in a length or wire might be to high.There are three different modes you can put the ecu into with this same connection but with a resistor for using diagnostic software.When in aldl mode the light flashes fast.If you think the paperclip is good get winaldl which is free and a laptop then youll be away

Bairdy215

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
thanks. i just checked my vn berlina and got 22. now i gotta work out hoe to fix it.